GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2 Thread!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2'.
Tue 09/09/03 at 00:37
Regular
So its not too far away now and the official site at (surprisingly):

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

Has officially launched!

Both Gamespy and Gamespot have commented on how graphically outstanding the game is sporting the finest "facial animations seen to date". Along with that they were very excited about yet another kick ass story with some fantastic comic book style working. A few comments from the two sites so far include:

----------------------------------------------

"Fans of the original game can rest assured that Max Payne 2 should easily surpass whatever bars the first game raised." - Gamespy

"With improved real-time shadows, dynamic lighting and destructive elements, things really are getting pushed to the max (pun intended)... and maybe beyond." - Gamespy

"Many, many aspects of the original game's presentation have been updated and improved for the sequel" - Gamespot

With IGN also throwing in this final comment:

"Though the bar for shooter graphics are being raised considerably by the next generation, Max Payne 2 looks good enough to jockey for position with the pack leaders." - IGN

-----------------------------------------------

The links to the previews from all three sites can be accessed via the news section of the pop up window. I for one can't wait to get my hands on this game as the first is one of my personal favourites and arguably my favourite 3rd person action game of all time. The John Woo esque shoot outs mixed with style and some excellent Bullet Time effects captured me for 9 completions and apparently the new Bullet Time visuals will be enough to make it feel like a fresh new outing.

I for one can't wait!

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

What are you expecting from the highly anticpated sequel?

All thoughts welcome :)
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:08
Regular
Cheers Beanz! A couple of weeks a go it was TBA but they have changed it. Hopefully that will get a UK release just before Christmas. Thats muchos excellentay news :)
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:07
Regular
"accidental superher"
oh my source was ign.com
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:07
Regular
"accidental superher"
December 6 apparently
Wed 10/09/03 at 21:56
Regular
Heheh!

I just want word on the Xbox version's release now. Apparently PC version is out October 17th so hopefully the Xbox version will be out before Christmas.
Wed 10/09/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Yes. I'll definately be in the queue for MP2, gripping a fistful of dollars with my trigger finger twitching with anticipation.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:59
Regular
I'd go with that :)

Apparently the nightmare sections won't be there and it will be double the length of the original.
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:38
Regular
Loose the gay ass nightmare sections and make it longer, then it'll truely rule.

Oh and some stuff to unlock and times to beat and stuff like that would be nice too.
Tue 09/09/03 at 00:37
Regular
So its not too far away now and the official site at (surprisingly):

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

Has officially launched!

Both Gamespy and Gamespot have commented on how graphically outstanding the game is sporting the finest "facial animations seen to date". Along with that they were very excited about yet another kick ass story with some fantastic comic book style working. A few comments from the two sites so far include:

----------------------------------------------

"Fans of the original game can rest assured that Max Payne 2 should easily surpass whatever bars the first game raised." - Gamespy

"With improved real-time shadows, dynamic lighting and destructive elements, things really are getting pushed to the max (pun intended)... and maybe beyond." - Gamespy

"Many, many aspects of the original game's presentation have been updated and improved for the sequel" - Gamespot

With IGN also throwing in this final comment:

"Though the bar for shooter graphics are being raised considerably by the next generation, Max Payne 2 looks good enough to jockey for position with the pack leaders." - IGN

-----------------------------------------------

The links to the previews from all three sites can be accessed via the news section of the pop up window. I for one can't wait to get my hands on this game as the first is one of my personal favourites and arguably my favourite 3rd person action game of all time. The John Woo esque shoot outs mixed with style and some excellent Bullet Time effects captured me for 9 completions and apparently the new Bullet Time visuals will be enough to make it feel like a fresh new outing.

I for one can't wait!

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

What are you expecting from the highly anticpated sequel?

All thoughts welcome :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.