GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Release date pushed back!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 21:27
Regular
The Xbox will not launch on november the 8th, as of yesterday the date was pushed back untill the 15th. Microsort say it's all because they want to have enough units on launch day to meet demand but will this affect the Jappenise and European launch's?

Discuss.

Talk even.

Please say something!
Wed 03/10/01 at 00:48
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I saw some staff at a games store near me setting up demo x-box (I think that was what they were doing)
Fri 28/09/01 at 23:21
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I'm not fussed about release dates being pushed back as I have so many games for
> the Dreamcast (70 now) that'll I'll still be playing them long...

Show off!
Fri 28/09/01 at 10:10
Microsoft said that they will announce european release dates in october along wiht the prices. Hopefull aound January so i still have my christmas money left over.
Tue 25/09/01 at 11:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm not fussed about release dates being pushed back as I have so many games for the Dreamcast (70 now) that'll I'll still be playing them long after the UK launch of the XBox.

I'm still planning on getting an XBox around April next year, but even if that release date for the UK is pushed back a little I won't be too worried about it.

Trouble is, which game to play next????????

*FM drools over his collection and can't decide.*
Sat 22/09/01 at 17:59
Regular
I just hope it arrives in the uk in time for the long summer holidays when most of us have nothing to do.
Sat 22/09/01 at 15:18
Regular
It doesn't bother me that much if the launch of the XBox is put back a little: gives me more time to get the cash together.
Sat 22/09/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Microsoft are claiming to ave between 1-1.5million Xbox units on the shelves by the end of the year also claiming that a further 100,000 will be manufactured each week from then on.

So if what they claim is true, plenty of units will be out there.
Fri 21/09/01 at 23:29
Regular
Bearing in mind the UK release was "Spring 2002" we won't really know if it's been put back or not.

Too be honest, I'd take this as a good sign.

A number of online retailers in the States have done a pre-order scheme, one sold out in half an hour! Obviously we don't know how many they had to start with though...

But I'm hoping that MS have been surprised by the demand for the XBox, and need an extra week to get some more units together.

This is a good thing. The more people buy an XBox, the more games released, the more games released the more good games are released, the more XBox's they sell, the more games the sell etc etc.
Fri 21/09/01 at 23:24
Nintndo did this with the N64... except by about 15 months on the end... the DC was pushed by 2 weeks.

No big deal/ they get xmas sales
Fri 21/09/01 at 23:24
Nintndo did this with the N64... except by about 15 months on the end... the DC was pushed by 2 weeks.

No big deal/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.