GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tv's and games consoles 60/50hz NTSC/PAL etc."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 20:08
Regular
Just a quick question. I think I know about different TV's and Hz etc but I have a slight problem. I own a DC and a PS2 and both are connected to a fairly new TV. The Dreamcast games play fine on 60hz mode but whenever I try PS2 games like Fur Fighters on 60hz mode the Tv display is in Black and white.

Any one else have this problem?
Is it my PS2 or my Tv?
Can it be fixed?

The DC is connected via a RF lead whilst the PS2 is connected to the TV via a scart. Maybe this is the problem. Any ideas?
Sat 22/09/01 at 17:41
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Turbonutter wrote:
> TVs need to be connected by a SCART cables (proper, not the composite that came
> with your PS2) to work. Just pick one up for £5.99. Problem sorted.

My friend had to do that, but it took him a month to work it out!!!
Sat 22/09/01 at 02:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think you've got a poor quality lead. They've fobbed you off with composite.
Sat 22/09/01 at 02:00
Turbonutter wrote:
> TVs need to be connected by a SCART cables (proper, not the composite that came
> with your PS2
) to work. Just pick one up for £5.99. Problem sorted.

WRONG

I don't have a problem and I have the same setup for my PS2. It doesn't matter how you connect your console DC or PS2, if one works and the other doesn't then it's not your television that's at fault. GET THAT PS2 OR THE LEAD CHECKED!
Sat 22/09/01 at 01:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
TVs need to be connected by a SCART cables (proper, not the composite that came with your PS2) to work. Just pick one up for £5.99. Problem sorted.
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:13
"period drama"
there is a secret war going on between your consoles.
in it's last dying seconds the dreamcast released it's special move.
don't worry ps2 will fight back and eat it whole-heartily
Fri 21/09/01 at 20:34
Regular
are you using the scart that came with it or a proper scart lead? if its the ine that came with it its not a scart lead just an adapter.

if you can play the game in non 60hrz or whaterver mode

or just buy an s video lead or scartlead
Fri 21/09/01 at 20:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
If it's playing in black and white then the TV might be set in NTSC mode.
Fri 21/09/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Oh, cheers Tiltawhirl, just the advice I need. :P
Fri 21/09/01 at 20:11
Regular
Its a problem with your PS2, to fix it all you have to do is throw it off a 100 storey building, should work just fine then
Fri 21/09/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Just a quick question. I think I know about different TV's and Hz etc but I have a slight problem. I own a DC and a PS2 and both are connected to a fairly new TV. The Dreamcast games play fine on 60hz mode but whenever I try PS2 games like Fur Fighters on 60hz mode the Tv display is in Black and white.

Any one else have this problem?
Is it my PS2 or my Tv?
Can it be fixed?

The DC is connected via a RF lead whilst the PS2 is connected to the TV via a scart. Maybe this is the problem. Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.