GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo stole my idea!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/09/01 at 23:44
Regular
About a day or so after buying the GBA on the release date i e-mailed nintendo in America (although i am living in the uk) saying why don't they add some kind of music system (e.g mini disc, cd-player, etc..) as a plug-in cart for the GBA.

A couple of days later they e-mailed me back saying that if i had any comments i should e-mail the nintendo place in Britain. As i am some-what scepticale of e-mailing companys because you would probably get some auto reply saying some-thing like "you comment has been acknolaged and taken in to account", which lets face it is a big bunch of lies, but anyway, i came on line the other day and looked around at computer game stuff and lowe-and-behold i find nintendo have just brought out a radio adapter, now if thats not stealing my idea i don't know what is.
Thu 20/09/01 at 23:44
About a day or so after buying the GBA on the release date i e-mailed nintendo in America (although i am living in the uk) saying why don't they add some kind of music system (e.g mini disc, cd-player, etc..) as a plug-in cart for the GBA.

A couple of days later they e-mailed me back saying that if i had any comments i should e-mail the nintendo place in Britain. As i am some-what scepticale of e-mailing companys because you would probably get some auto reply saying some-thing like "you comment has been acknolaged and taken in to account", which lets face it is a big bunch of lies, but anyway, i came on line the other day and looked around at computer game stuff and lowe-and-behold i find nintendo have just brought out a radio adapter, now if thats not stealing my idea i don't know what is.
Thu 20/09/01 at 23:47
Regular
I have to say I highly doubt it, but anway screw it, sue those Corporate chumps for every penny they've got.
Thu 20/09/01 at 23:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
They probably had it in the making for some time, they couldn't just produce it in a few days.
Thu 20/09/01 at 23:58
RawisAndy wrote:
> They probably had it in the making for some time, they couldn't just produce it
> in a few days.

It can't be that hard to make a small fm radio
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:00
Regular
Yeah but they would need to mass produce it and that would take ages.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:06
that wouldn't take long remember a child of 3 could put together an fm stereo in less than an hour
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ayane wrote:
> that wouldn't take long remember a child of 3 could put together an fm stereo in
> less than an hour

Yeah, IF he knew what he was doing and IF he hcould read instructions.

Put it this way it's doubtful that Nintendo 'stole' your idea it was probably always in the runnings for Nintendo to produce it's not a very original idea is it.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:10
Regular
Yes but were talking about thousands upon thousands of these Radio thingys being delivered all over the world. Its not a 5 minute process
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
there used to be a radio tuner for the old style game boy.
I'm suprised that they havent made a decent tv tuner for the gba ( like the game gear used to have.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:21
Regular
Yeah but that used to waste the batteries, you got 1 hours TV for every 10 AA batteries you used.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.