GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Medieval Total War help."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medieval: Total war'.
Sat 13/09/03 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its probably just my style of ruling, but whenever I am about to crush the rest of Europe completely, all my provinces seem to revolt. Its happened to me as the Byzantines and the English, and I lower the taxes, pop armies in the provinces and put my religions priests in some of the nastier places.

Muh?
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I usualy go for North Africa first anyway.

If either the Almohads, Egyptians or Turks get to advanced its almost impossible.

Thank heaven for the Longbow. English always seem to fight best in defence, and then a swift counter attack, with the old Feudal Knights and Hobilars to finish the job.

Although when fighting against a peasant army, attack is the best bet.

Its murderous fun.
Fri 26/09/03 at 13:00
"Darkness, always"
It's always worthwhile pushing through Spain first, and taking on the non-christians found in north africa. Besides, the Spanish are scum, and deserve a whipping. Get to North africa quickly, before they become too advanced and, dare I say, bloody hard to beat.

Berber Camels indeed. Basically camel borne archers that are impossible to kill, and despite having a "very weak attack" are more than capable of cutting through a column of Royal Knights like a cleaver through raw mince.

Fortunately, my tactic of sitting on the nearest hill and pummelling them with 7 groups of archers while fending them off with feudal men-at-arms tends to do the trick. But my vast quantities of Hobillars are now redundant, only useful for chasing fleeing packs of routing losers. Pah.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bloody Pope. He annoys me so much.

You have stop and start wras the whole time, just to edge your land forwards.

I might plan an elaborate invasion, with ships all the way from England to the Papal States......
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:31
"Darkness, always"
Try not to get excommunicated by the Pope while your crushing fellow Christians. Your populace will tend to revolt when such a thing happens. Happened to me the other day actually. Happily storming across europe, and a HUUUGE army appeared and revolted in Wessex, the heart of my empire. My 800 man holding force ran like whipped curs, and I had to pull back half my armies to retake the region by a considerable amount of force.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cheats are not needed thank you.

I was just wondering why the hell my rich peasants gt all rebellious.
Fri 19/09/03 at 10:02
Regular
Pfft, cheats! If you buy a game and then use cheats to complete it, it's a total waste of your money.
Fri 19/09/03 at 02:49
Regular
"Help Med total war"
Do you know how to activate the cheats?
Sat 13/09/03 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its probably just my style of ruling, but whenever I am about to crush the rest of Europe completely, all my provinces seem to revolt. Its happened to me as the Byzantines and the English, and I lower the taxes, pop armies in the provinces and put my religions priests in some of the nastier places.

Muh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.