GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheers, Champ Man 4 update..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Championship manager 4'.
Sun 14/09/03 at 11:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I downloaded the latest Champ Manager 4 update. The one with updated transfers, loan deals, and new club finances, etc. But now, thanks to this, I can't start a season in the Italian League, because the crappy new update can't find half the teams in Italy.

I've tried loading up the Italian League a couple of times and all I get is stupid warnings saying "Can't find team Piacenza", "Can't find team Lecce", "Can't find time Brescia", etc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone know what I can do about this?
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:38
And you don't get a lot of the restrictions you get in other leagues, like EU players, work permits and 7 subs a match.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:42
Regular
think you missed it AJ: this was an idiotic suggestion of how to avoid fixing the problem! Just don't use a large portion of the game. great advice!
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
~sw2atpuppi~ wrote:
> OOOOOOOO I KNOW I KNOW PICK ME PICK ME. THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO NOT
> PLAY IN THE ITALY LEAGUE

---

Why not?

I see nothing wrong with the Italian league. I'm now waiting for the inevitable barrage of posts containing the words "It's boring" and similar, but in fact, you're far from the truth.

The Italian league isn't boring - just more tactical, and for some teams, a little more laid back. And I have no problem with this.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:19
Regular
Ok Ok, you got me, you truly are a champo god.
Tue 16/09/03 at 19:08
Regular
or you could.....not be a gimp, then listen to my advice, and enjoy a fully updated champo.
Tue 16/09/03 at 19:07
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
OOOOOOOO I KNOW I KNOW PICK ME PICK ME. THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO NOT PLAY IN THE ITALY LEAGUE
Tue 16/09/03 at 18:07
Regular
well yes if you extracted it to the "data" directory. If you didn't then you need to copy the files and put them in the data directory. then you'll be sorted.
Tue 16/09/03 at 17:52
Regular
Yeah, extracting it now, cheers

Oh and you know with this, once its been extracted, its installed isn't it?
Tue 16/09/03 at 17:40
Regular
sure mate, this is an easy one for your friendly local cm god.

You probably only have winzip. Simon compresses his updates using winrar.

http://download.com.com/3000-2250-10007677.html

There's a free version! download and then you can open it!

Hope that helps!
Tue 16/09/03 at 17:27
Regular
Just downloaded that Update by Simon Treanor and its come up that 'Open with' what program box thingy, any ideas what to do next?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.