GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RAINBOW SIX 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six 3'.
Tue 16/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
wow, I saw this game on a DVD I got free from a magazine and it looks amazing!

The whole "serious game" thing makes me even more intrigued with night vision and thermal goggles it makes it look really deep and involving.

Also the live play will keep it going for a long time, I may be the only one who finds this game good, but if I am, I don't care. I think it looks superb

Roll on price cutt :-D
Wed 17/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
I... CANT.... WAIT.... TIL.... I... GET.... THIS..... GAME!! AGHHH it looks so good! damn you x-box, why does thou tease thee?! ;-)
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:34
Regular
"8==="
The Josh wrote:
>
> ....that's the best bit about FPS on the pc, the mouse and keyboard.
> it makes it really easy! ;-)

Replace 'easy' with 'awful'.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:54
Regular
21st October in the US apparently but even OPS2 admitted it was looking shabby running on PS2 hardware.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:46
Regular
Really?

Swear I read in some Xbox mag that it was Xbox exclusive. Nevermind then, it'll still rock.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:41
Regular
Swat Global Strike is on the PS2.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:05
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> We'll have to wait and see which is
> the better, I think Rainbow 6 3 looks the more polished with it being
> tailored for Xbox and not multiplatforms.

SWAt's actually being tailor made for the Xbox. It won't be appearing on any other platforms, not even PC.

Both games are looking like must buys from where I'm standing. I can't wait for th sweeet sweeeet Live play.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:03
Regular
SWAT's nothing like Hard Boiled. It actually does looks a lot like Raven Shield, still realistic but a lot more arcadey than its predecessors.

It's got the same kind of squad set-up and also you can use the Xbox Live mic to order your AI team mates around.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:01
Regular
SWAT: Global Strike is nothing like Rainbow Six 3. Instead they have changed the series completely to an arcade shooter with the ability to kick down doors shout and swear at the bad guys and rush around loading a cake load of bullets (Hard Boiled style) into everyone you come across. Of course you do get bonus' for arresting the bad guys but for those who can't be bothered they have let the game open for those as well.
Tue 16/09/03 at 23:30
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Rainbow 6 3 and SWAT look almost identical right now- that being really promicing. They are both "serious" squad commanding FPS games, both have voice recognition via headset, and I think both have XBox Live play- the lot. We'll have to wait and see which is the better, I think Rainbow 6 3 looks the more polished with it being tailored for Xbox and not multiplatforms.

Also, in the US if you preorder Rainbow 6 3 you get 4 extra multiplayer maps for GR: Island Thunder and 3 new Splinter Cell missions via a seperate disc. Cool huh?
Tue 16/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
ok excuse my arrogance but what's SWAT? any videos? pictures? INFO PLEASE! :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.