GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Final Fantasy XI in Europe?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Thu 18/09/03 at 01:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2843

I cant imagine it not getting a release over here? Surely? All the other games have been massive hits, there is certainly no reason why it shouldnt get a release in Europe at all.

If this is the case, i would love to hear the thinking of the brains behind this idea. It beggers belief.
Thu 18/09/03 at 01:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2843

I cant imagine it not getting a release over here? Surely? All the other games have been massive hits, there is certainly no reason why it shouldnt get a release in Europe at all.

If this is the case, i would love to hear the thinking of the brains behind this idea. It beggers belief.
Thu 18/09/03 at 01:50
Regular
"I'm Great."
I can't see why they wouldn't release it here really. There should be no problem with a Pal version as they've already done the langauge for the Americans. The only thing that might put Square off is the users online in the U.K. If they are to release it on both P.C and PS2 then there shouldn't be a problem. With more online games coming for the PS2 then Square could change their mind. I hope they do as it might give me a reason to go online with my PS2.
Thu 18/09/03 at 09:28
"For the horde!!!!"
They are playing right into the hands of Sony Online Entertainment.
Thu 18/09/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> I can't see why they wouldn't release it here really. There should be
> no problem with a Pal version as they've already done the langauge
> for the Americans.

But then theres the Spanish/German/French translation also that's needed for Europe. Australia will probably get it but we wont :(
Thu 18/09/03 at 12:05
Regular
"I'm Great."
That is true but they could do a U.K only release instead of a Europe wide release. That way they could still make a bit of money out of it and keep us happy for the time being. The rest of Europe may be a bit peeved but they could get it in due time. The only other way around would be to import it from Australia if it got a release over there as it would be PAL. Time will tell what their plan is though.
Thu 18/09/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> That is true but they could do a U.K only release instead of a Europe
> wide release. That way they could still make a bit of money out of it
> and keep us happy for the time being. The rest of Europe may be a bit
> peeved but they could get it in due time. The only other way around
> would be to import it from Australia if it got a release over there
> as it would be PAL. Time will tell what their plan is though.

Keep dreaming, they would never do a UK only release, UK buyers probably wouldn't even make up one percent of the worldwide FF11 sales so Sony Japan couldn't really give a toss about the UK.

Did you know that Kawasaki only make motorcycles as a "hobby" because one of the chairman likes them, the sales of motorbikes makes up 0.4 of 1 percent of their annual sales.
(their main business is making the machinery that dug the Channel Tunnel and similar by the way)

Economics lesson over now.
Thu 18/09/03 at 13:25
Regular
"I'm Great."
If they were to release it then they would get some sort of return I'm guessing. Might be small change but it would be something. Doubtfull that they will but I can dream can't I? we'll see what the situation is in about 8-9 months. By then there should be more details concering an Europe release.
Thu 18/09/03 at 13:39
"For the horde!!!!"
I think MMORPG's are fading a bit now, although several are been released now they don't sell as many units as single player games.
Thu 18/09/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pro Evo wrote:
> http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2843
>
> I cant imagine it not getting a release over here? Surely? All the
> other games have been massive hits, there is certainly no reason why
> it shouldnt get a release in Europe at all.
>
> If this is the case, i would love to hear the thinking of the brains
> behind this idea. It beggers belief.

Probably the same type of genius thinking that stopped Suikoden 3 getting a PAL release.

Ah well i'm sure i'll live, there's a certain game by the name of Everquest coming shortly :-D
Fri 19/09/03 at 11:07
Regular
"always swirling"
me being who i am with a damn dial up internet connection knows not of the wonderous world of online gameing.
so can someone please tell me what its like and how you play it with other people.

cheers
TT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.