GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pirates of the Caribbean"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'.
Thu 18/09/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Everyone is mumbling on about KOTOR (and with good reason), but I noticed this game has just been released. It's an RPG in the mould of Morrowind/KOTOR.

It has received decent reviews, looks very nice indeed, and you get to be a swarthy-skinned, swashbuckling cutthroat who owns a ship with a motley crew of brigands and wastrels - sailing the seven seas from island to island in pursuit of buried treasure... I think I'll get this as soon as I've completed the Star Wars thing.

RPG-on.
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:09
Regular
I was looking at this game as well.

May have to see if I can rent it first...
Wed 24/09/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I can't recommend this game.

In principle everything is there: a big gameworld to explore, the vast ocean to sail your ship on - but it's the most unforgiving game ever created in the history of the galaxy!
Your ship sinks within five seconds if you encounter a storm, and if you get into a sword fight with some brigands you're dead within a couple of swishes of their blades.

I'll play it a bit longer, but I can't see how it's going to improve...
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Dringo wrote:
> It's not based on the actual Pirates of the Caribbean movie (best
> movie this year bar none so far)...

Cypher, Matrix Reloaded (if you are a Matrix fan) and The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen are all better.
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's from the same people who made Morrowind isn't it?

It's published by Bethesda(sp) who made Morrowind, but it wasn't developed by them.
Fri 19/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I got it on release day. Played for about an hour and then lost interest. Its a good idea but its badly implemented. Not even a patch on KOTOR.
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:15
Regular
It's not based on the actual Pirates of the Caribbean movie (best movie this year bar none so far)... and I heard it was alright but not spectacular...

Think it was at IGN or somewhere similar.
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:13
Regular
somebody buy it and tell me if it's any good
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:10
Regular
It's from the same people who made Morrowind isn't it?
Thu 18/09/03 at 21:17
Regular
It got summat like 7/10 in OXM.

Its not actually anything to do with the film - The developer just purchased the license to the title so the game would sell.

Looks alright. Its probably for people who found Morrowind good.

Like myself.
Thu 18/09/03 at 21:10
Regular
I've been told it's crap.

Can't remember exactly but there was a thread about it on the PC Gamer forums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.