GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What’s hot and what’s…not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Winter is just around the corner, and with it, so is Christmas. Usually this is the time of the year where gaming kicks back off after a restbite over the summer. Now usually, im all up to date with whats coming out, and whats looking good and whats looking better. But to be honest, for the first time in a long time, i really dont have a clue as to whats worth taking a look into in the run up to Christmas.

There are the few obvious games coming out that im after...Pro Evo 3 being one...and...well, thats about it. I dont know what else is being released in the coming months. Im thinking of getting an Eye Toy too, and i think there are some new games coming out for that soon, so im going to wait or that.

Also, I have been liking the looks of GT4, and then the new Driver game every time SR have news on it, but i think the release dates are a bit far off.

So basicly, the question is, whats coming out soon thats really interesting you?

Do tell.
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
Winter is just around the corner, and with it, so is Christmas. Usually this is the time of the year where gaming kicks back off after a restbite over the summer. Now usually, im all up to date with whats coming out, and whats looking good and whats looking better. But to be honest, for the first time in a long time, i really dont have a clue as to whats worth taking a look into in the run up to Christmas.

There are the few obvious games coming out that im after...Pro Evo 3 being one...and...well, thats about it. I dont know what else is being released in the coming months. Im thinking of getting an Eye Toy too, and i think there are some new games coming out for that soon, so im going to wait or that.

Also, I have been liking the looks of GT4, and then the new Driver game every time SR have news on it, but i think the release dates are a bit far off.

So basicly, the question is, whats coming out soon thats really interesting you?

Do tell.
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:47
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
"So basicly, the question is, whats coming out soon thats really interesting you? "

In a word, nothing, roll on Mid November for Mario Kart
Thu 18/09/03 at 23:49
Regular
When I visit this forum I am nothing but an ex PS2 owning imposter.

I used to frequent this forum daily, then my PS2 died. I learnt that life had to go on, and slowly got my life back together. I finally found something to fill that gap in my life, it was large, black and had XBOX written on it. I still miss my PS2 though. Your talk of glorious new games released for the Sony machine at christmas, cuts deep.

Damn you Sony for making cheap consoles.

Thanks for listening

*kicks dead PS2 sticking out of wardrobe*

*drops to knees and breaks down*

I'm not unstable
Fri 19/09/03 at 01:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> So basicly, the question is, whats coming out soon thats really
> interesting you?

Unlimited SaGa (HUGE RPG)
Colin McRae (already pre-ordered) (OK, claimed as GAD)
Gladius (RPG but with Gladiators)
Fire Warrior (already got)
EverQuest Online Adventures (best of the lot)
Amplitude (most addictive of the lot)
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (RPG)
Destruction Derby Arenas (looks like Gran Turismo with damage and arcade racing i.e. just what the doctor ordered)
Pro Evo 3 (it will be my first footie game on the PS2)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (shooting Japs instead of Nazis for a change)

10 excellent games there. Unfortunately, because I've got 1 of them already, another on the way and recently bought Dark Chronicle as well, I don't think I'll get around to buying the other 8 on that list. Simply because with college and whatnot I'll never have time to play them :(

I'm particularly gutted about EverQuest Online Adventures. If there was ever a game that was worth quitting college for that is it. Hmmmm.
Fri 19/09/03 at 07:09
Regular
"Party Hard"
When's the new Fallout game out?
Fri 19/09/03 at 09:11
Regular
"oaps.org"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Fire Warrior (already got)

{sarcasm mode} w00t {/sarcasm mode}

I was thrilled to have recieved that
Fri 19/09/03 at 09:20
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I haven't got my Fire Warrior yet - when did you guys get it? Sony sent out a weird e-mail last tuesday about testing that night but the date was completely wrong.
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:01
Regular
"oaps.org"
got mine yesterday :(

I was absolutely thrilled not to have DDA in that jiffy bag let me tell you
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:24
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Destruction Derby Arenas (looks like Gran Turismo with damage and
> arcade racing i.e. just what the doctor ordered)

I remember reading about a new DD games ages ago. I had completely forgot about a new one coming out. I still play DD2 to this day, its a classic. DD Raw was very dissapointing, though i did get some fun out of it.
Fri 19/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> I remember reading about a new DD games ages ago. I had completely
> forgot about a new one coming out. I still play DD2 to this day, its
> a classic. DD Raw was very dissapointing, though i did get some fun
> out of it.

http://www.virtualdreams.fr/jeux/ destructionderbyarenas/videovd01.wmv

10MB Windows Media File of DDA running. (Watch out for the aeroplane).

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.