GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What’s hot and what’s…not?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Winter is just around the corner, and with it, so is Christmas. Usually this is the time of the year where gaming kicks back off after a restbite over the summer. Now usually, im all up to date with whats coming out, and whats looking good and whats looking better. But to be honest, for the first time in a long time, i really dont have a clue as to whats worth taking a look into in the run up to Christmas.

There are the few obvious games coming out that im after...Pro Evo 3 being one...and...well, thats about it. I dont know what else is being released in the coming months. Im thinking of getting an Eye Toy too, and i think there are some new games coming out for that soon, so im going to wait or that.

Also, I have been liking the looks of GT4, and then the new Driver game every time SR have news on it, but i think the release dates are a bit far off.

So basicly, the question is, whats coming out soon thats really interesting you?

Do tell.
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:35
Regular
I recommend Desert Storm II, demo out next month in OPS2 if you want to try before you buy.
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:24
"period drama"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> What is Amplitude, and what's the story behind Unlimited Saga?
>
> You've said good things about them FM, so I might have a look.

Amplitude is a button-pressy beat-timer song-maker thingy. It's the sequel to Frequency - so if you've heard of that you'll know what it's like. Very good apparently.

Unlimited Saga is a RPG where each of the characters has a completly different story - I think there's 7 of them, so 7 different games! I think it's been branded as a 'hardcore' RPG, so lots of stats and quite a high difficulty.

Also - there's a special edition of Unlimited Saga coming out here sometime. It's got a special preview of FFX-2 with it - a 14 minute prologue.
Woo indeed.
Sun 21/09/03 at 09:50
"I love yo... lamp."
What is Amplitude, and what's the story behind Unlimited Saga?

You've said good things about them FM, so I might have a look.
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:28
Regular
Desert Storm II is out today, im getting it later tonight.
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Colin McRae arrived on my doorstep this morning (cheers SR). It's VERY good. I've already got one time up on Codemaster's Hall of Fame website :D

And I've unlocked a Citroen 2CV :(
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:16
"period drama"
Games I want:

Dark Chronicle,
Freedom Fighters,
Colin McRae 4,
Pro Evo 3,
ZOE2

All out pretty soon.

And Soul Calibur 2, F-Zero GX and Mario Kart.
But that's for me Cube, so you're probably not interested.
Fri 19/09/03 at 15:59
" Crazy!"
Forgot to mention, finishing downloading that movie now.
Fri 19/09/03 at 15:59
" Crazy!"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> I remember reading about a new DD games ages ago. I had completely
> forgot about a new one coming out. I still play DD2 to this day, its
> a classic. DD Raw was very dissapointing, though i did get some fun
> out of it.
>
> http://www.virtualdreams.fr/jeux/
> destructionderbyarenas/videovd01.wmv
>
> 10MB Windows Media File of DDA running. (Watch out for the
> aeroplane).
>
> :)

I was looking forward to buying tribes a week today, but been put back to Q1 2004.

Nest game, currently, which Im getting is fifa 2004.
Fri 19/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> I remember reading about a new DD games ages ago. I had completely
> forgot about a new one coming out. I still play DD2 to this day, its
> a classic. DD Raw was very dissapointing, though i did get some fun
> out of it.

http://www.virtualdreams.fr/jeux/ destructionderbyarenas/videovd01.wmv

10MB Windows Media File of DDA running. (Watch out for the aeroplane).

:)
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:24
Regular
"360: swfcman"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Destruction Derby Arenas (looks like Gran Turismo with damage and
> arcade racing i.e. just what the doctor ordered)

I remember reading about a new DD games ages ago. I had completely forgot about a new one coming out. I still play DD2 to this day, its a classic. DD Raw was very dissapointing, though i did get some fun out of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.