GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best new Band you've heard lately"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/09/01 at 17:46
Regular
Little American duo called The White Stripes. Brother and Sister, bloke sings badly, woman drums. A mixture of blues, country and rock music, it's really quite fantastic. Any more new bands I should know of?
Tue 25/09/01 at 13:16
Regular
Just heard an album by a band called Alkaline Trio, it was rather good.
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:46
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Seafood are damn good. Even if their name is shocking.

"Cloaking" has an awesome bass-line intro
"What may be the oldest" is kinda folky rock in a good way

All the tracks off their new album are fairly good.

Also good, but not very new, are the Dandy Warhols. I was surprised to see their recent album get some heavy plugging after a song got on to the Vodafone ad... Buy their new album, it's a sound investment.
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:54
Regular
For more info on The Music, go to:

www.themusic.uk.com
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:48
They are'nt really a new band, Just my favourite at the moment, but no-one seems to have heard of them. A band called "Finger Eleven"

The only way I can describe them is feel good rock, with deep dark depressing lyrics (A contradiction in terms i know :).

Best Songs in my opinion - Condensor, first time, drag me down
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Murry the Hump are pretty good. I think I've mentioned them before, but hey, what do I know. They're a kind of Welsh, grass roots Pavement. Check them out. They seem to endorse drug-taking though, so don't let your parents hear you listening to them.
Fri 21/09/01 at 10:52
Regular
Find out about a band called "The Music". Kind of indie type stuff, not a good description I know, sorry.

They've just had the one EP out so far, limited to 1,000 copies, so I couldn't get hold of one.

Another EP is due out before christmas, apparently.

If you can get hold of a track on the 'net, try and get one called "Take the long road" fantastic stuff.
Thu 20/09/01 at 17:28
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Oh, and everyone should buy everything by US (melodic) hardcore group The Vandals. So much fun.
Thu 20/09/01 at 17:26
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

UK Hip Hop is it actually any good, ive heard some UK stuff and its
> been terrible, rappers with Northern accents just don't work.

Aaargh! Why don't people give UK hip hop the respect it deserves. UK Hip Hop is an amazing scene with soem truly outstanding talents.

We've got some of the best producers in the world (The Creators, The Nextmen, Aim and the awesome Skitz) some creative and gifted MC's (Rodney P, Ty, Icepick, Demon Boyz, Lewis Parker, Roots Manuva, Skinnyman, Phi-Life Cipher) and a style of our own without the pathetic posturing of the majority of maistream US rap.

Buy the recent Skitz album and open your eyes. Or indeed, ears.
Thu 20/09/01 at 16:46
Regular
"A square watermelon"
AliBoy wrote:

I take it you
> mean matchbox 20 (fronted by rob Thomas) They have been around a while but
> their first album is really really good. Also if you can download some of their
> acoustic stuff.

I do indeed. I refer their first album (yourself or someone like you?) to Mad season. Mainly for the songs, Real world, push and long day. I've got a few of their acoustics on my download queue. But, there's a good 140 songs to download before I get there. Darn 56k.
Thu 20/09/01 at 12:25
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Best New Band for me are Rival Schools

Brought to us by the guys who used to collectively known as Quicksand and CIV.

Awesome stuff!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.