GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3? On Xbox? With Live play?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Sat 20/09/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Is this true?

Taken from xboxrules.com

"Microsoft have just announced at X03 that Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will see the light of day on the Xbox! Microsoft and Konami have in effect finalised a deal for the famous football game to be adapted for XBOX, with, and this is perhaps the most interesting part, a compatibility with Xbox Live & XNS Sports! It's a certainty, Konami want to bury FIFA.

The release of Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will be sometime before the end of the year on the PS2, Xbox and PC. "

I thought there would be more raving about this, if this story is true. I mean Pro Evo is great, yes? Another PS2 exclusive big game now on Xbox, yes? First footy game on Live which every non yank will enjoy?
Sat 20/09/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Is this true?

Taken from xboxrules.com

"Microsoft have just announced at X03 that Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will see the light of day on the Xbox! Microsoft and Konami have in effect finalised a deal for the famous football game to be adapted for XBOX, with, and this is perhaps the most interesting part, a compatibility with Xbox Live & XNS Sports! It's a certainty, Konami want to bury FIFA.

The release of Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will be sometime before the end of the year on the PS2, Xbox and PC. "

I thought there would be more raving about this, if this story is true. I mean Pro Evo is great, yes? Another PS2 exclusive big game now on Xbox, yes? First footy game on Live which every non yank will enjoy?
Sun 21/09/03 at 02:09
Regular
I wonder whether it'll be released outside of Japan on Xbox as Sony have a deal that means it's only released on PS2 outside of Japan.

It's prevented Pro Evo coming out on Cube, and I can't see it'll be any different for Xbox. Unless the deal come to an end...

Hope so, it would be most excellent.
Sun 21/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If it can be released on Xbox outside Japan, then it should be released on Gamecube outside Japan as well, surely.

Well, I can hope.

Oh, and Pro Evo 3 on Xbox Live will be absolutely brilliant! Online leagues, etc, would be so much fun.
Sun 21/09/03 at 13:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Almost brought a tear to my eye when I read about this. ;-) To be honest, I think its insane to not release the game outside of Japan as most of the football fanbase is in Britain and Europe.
Plus you can throw that idea of it not coming out over here straight out the window as far as the XBox version is concerned. If it were not being released here, then Microsoft wouldn't have bothered announcing it at X03, a show that takes place in a European venue.
They would have announced it in Japan.

This is definatly one I'll be keeping an eye out for - so many of us have waited for this news. ;-)
It'll be great if you can have more than 1 player on each team, that way there will be a chance to play alongside other people which could create some very cool little setups for goals. ;-)

EA made such a big mistake by getting greedy and pushing XBox Live away. If Konami do a good job of this and make it an excellent Live game too, I think FIFA sales will really suffer. Maybe not this year cause it'll be out first and people will see it on the shelves and grab it. But after FIFA 2004, I think EA could run into problems. I've even given Madden a miss this year cause I'm just gonna grab NFL Fever 2004 for its online play.
Sun 21/09/03 at 18:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wouldn't it be nice if it was released in Europe on all 3, and we could all play against each other nice and happy.
Sun 21/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"  "
If it was only in Japan then it wouldn't be PES3, it'd be WE7. ;) So looks like it will be in the UK. Don't know what it'll be like though, it won't suit the XBox controller. The triggers are a bit dodgy for sprinting and stuff.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:08
Regular
The controller S might sort that.

And think about it - The Xbox aint doing too good in Japan - It'd be pointless just releasing the game in that area - no profit.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:57
Regular
Bah. This is bad news. It better come out on the GameCube too, then.

Don't think the Xbox controller would work anyway, though.
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:25
Regular
Why is it bad news?
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I remember reading in a GameCube mag ages ago, I think it was NGC, and it said that the Winning Eleven Series (Japanese name for Pro Evolution Soccer) is coming to the GameCube. Basically, Konami REALLY want to kill Fifa. (With PES around, I can't see why people bother buying Fifa.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.