GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No No No, GT4 slips to 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Mon 22/09/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Thats right, not even Japan will get it before Xmas, it needs "fine tuning" say Sony, thought this was going to happen due to the lack of new info/a release date but still, what a disappointment.
Tue 23/09/03 at 14:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
But in terms of man against the clock they both are excellent.
Tue 23/09/03 at 11:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
They'd better not mess with the controls, they are the part of GT3 that is already 100% perfect!

I don't think you can really put games like F-Zero and GT3 in the same category... one is aiming to be as close to real life as possible and the other wants to be the complete opposite!
Mon 22/09/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Lou Role wrote:

> I consider myself to be a pretty big racing game fan, most of my
> games are racers.

You got a Cube ?, F-Zero has got to be the best racer released since GT3, have played nothing else since I got it.
Mon 22/09/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've heard that they redesigned the control system so that it's not the same to the previous 3. It could be a dirty rotten lie but still...
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Even though it was half expected it still feels like a kick in the
> b*lls. Even if it's not much graphically superior it will still be a
> must buy for any serious racing game fan.

I consider myself to be a pretty big racing game fan, most of my games are racers. The news that GT4 has slipped to 2004 hasn't surprised me, or, bothered me to be honest. I don't know if I can be bothered sitting through another Gran Turismo, especially since there doesn't seem to be any real improvments apart from online play.
Mon 22/09/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Actually, I should edit that

Yes you should really, if only SR would allow it eh? :)
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Actually, I should edit that and say Core Design instead of Eidos, but after all Eidos DID publish it.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pro Evo wrote:
> However, they did say that with Angle of Darkness too...

There's also probably a big difference between Eidos and Polyphonic Digital in terms of 'ethics'. I suspect the wait will be worth it in GT4's case.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I'll be getting the game, but this news hasnt disheartened me too much, im willing to wait if its for the better of the game.

However, they did say that with Angle of Darkness too...
Mon 22/09/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is fairly good news for me as there is a whole load of games I would like but not enough money. Gives me more chance to save for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.