GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back for more wise oppinions ;-)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 12:52
Regular
SR deal:
Microsoft Xbox console

• One Official Xbox Controller
• Scart lead (requires Scart compatible television)
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell game
• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game
• James Bond: Agent Under Fire game
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer game

£189.99 SAVE £10

Save Price
+STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC £12 £32.99
+RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN: TIDES OF WAR £8 £36.99
+OFFICIAL MICROSOFT CONTROLLER S £24.99

Total Price: £284.96 SAVE £35
Not bad I recon, I guess you have to be prepared to spend a lot.

OR

SR deal:
• Microsoft Xbox console
• One Official Xbox Controller
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell game
• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game
• Scart lead (requires Scart compatible television)

£169.99 SAVE £40

+STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC £12 £32.99
+RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN: TIDES OF WAR £8 £36.99
+OFFICIAL MICROSOFT CONTROLLER S £24.99

Total Price: £264.96 SAVE £65
£20 difference from this and the other one.....Might as well buy the other one! heh! ;-) but opinions would be grateful as I may get my Xbox this Saturday coming up...MAY get it. *sigh*

I cant get that KER-RAY-ZEE one from argos because I dont have the money yet and it finishes tomorrow :-(
Tue 23/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Quit moaning. :)
Tue 23/09/03 at 10:09
Regular
*annoyed that this site said KOTOR was 'in stock' but once I ordered....it wasn't*
Tue 23/09/03 at 07:16
Regular
"\\"
*has never set foot inside an SR shop*

*is still annoyed they took 5 weeks to tell me the mp3 player i ordered was having problems being produced*
Mon 22/09/03 at 23:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I have to admit, as much as I like posting on this site and have many thanks to SR for the GAD's I've won, as far as playing the role of customer in they're Basildon shop goes, I've been let down every time.

I've gone there after work a number of times on release days and every single time, they've always been out of stock of the games I've wanted and I've ended up buying from elsewhere. Even recently, I went with my friend and decided to treat her to a copy of Ghost Recon Island Thunder so she could play on Live, plus she decided to buy KOTOR too. Did SR have the games in stock ? Nope !

We ended up picking them up at a Blockbuster nearby. I know theres always the pre-order route, but at the same time, isn't it a good idea for a game shop to stock, well, games ?
There seems to be really small numbers of stock on XBox titles in particular.
The only time I've gotten round to buying games from them is when I've gone in with no particular title in mind and spotted something that I ended up deciding having a go of.

Hopefully saying this won't get me beaten to a twitching pulp, but still - stock more XBox titles in your Basildon shop SR ! And in larger quantities ! ;-)
Mon 22/09/03 at 22:43
Regular
I vow never to order from them again.

Although they did refund me ok :)
Mon 22/09/03 at 22:37
Regular
I wouldn't go that far, but they certainly have gone downhill over the past few years.
Mon 22/09/03 at 22:17
Regular
SR are pathetic.
Mon 22/09/03 at 22:14
Regular
I advise you don't buy it from Special Reserve.

Off Total They're rip a

Rearrange the words.
Mon 22/09/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Get PGR- high quality stuff, only £20.
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:28
Regular
Yes, Dead or Alive 3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.