GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any EVE: Online players out there?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eve Online'.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I read the reviews back as far as May when there appeared to be a lot of lag issues with the game and problems with patches. Are these problems still happening or has the game truly gone 'Gold' now? i.e. it's playable without undue stress. I'm asking because I was thinking of getting.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:10
Regular
I read the reviews back as far as May when there appeared to be a lot of lag issues with the game and problems with patches. Are these problems still happening or has the game truly gone 'Gold' now? i.e. it's playable without undue stress. I'm asking because I was thinking of getting.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Teal'c"
Me = got.

Well basically, the game was actually quite fun to play up until last Wednesday, when the devs released a patch which somehow put loads of bugs back into it. It's pretty annoying to play at the moment. Plus you're left with nothing to do for long periods of time while your ship jumps through various jump gates. The average travel can take anywhere up to 8 or 9 jumps, which takes about 30 minutes.

To be frank, if you're after an online game, I'd just go for something a bit more like EQ.

6/10

Har har.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh, or wait.
Mon 22/09/03 at 13:47
Regular
Off topic - FM did you use to play "Infantry" by any chance.

I swear I remember you from there - Or it might of been someone with the same name.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:16
Regular
Nope, never played Infantry.
Tue 23/09/03 at 02:06
Regular
I used to be a regular on Eve - its not a game you either want or can really play alone.You need to be in a group or a part of a corporation.
Thats where part of the fun comes from,getting to know different characters from all over.
Yes travel can be a pain - I once did a journey of 87 jumps! It took so long I read a book for most of the way.Having said that,Eve can be unpredictable - one min you happily mining away with your mates,the next all hell breaks loose when the pirates move in.Not all pirates are NPC's either.
Not sure of lag problems just recently,there were some majour probs at the beginning but I think most of those are now ironed out.The dev team on Eve are usually pretty quick to sort out any glitches.
Best of luck if you do join.
Wed 24/09/03 at 16:53
Regular
Blueshade wrote:
> Best of luck if you do join.

That's OK, you guys managed to put me off the idea :)

I'm currently downloading a demo of EQClassic instead just to try it out before the PS2 version gets launched. (703MB! Better be worth the wait...).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.