GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LAN partys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/09/03 at 23:25
Regular
"programmers rule!"
does N E 1 here go to LAN partys?
are there N E held around the midlands on a regula basis
(sorry about the short hand)
Mon 29/09/03 at 22:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
It would be hard for some one to steal my PC at a LAN. 19" monitor which is over 20Kg and a PC which is about the same. I wouldnt mind going to a LAN party as I would rather be around the people I am playing rather than them being on the internet half way around the world.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Ah, of course, and walk out past the people you've been sitting with, who will be at no point suspicious while they are first beating you then unplugging and removing a PC which isn't theirs? Of the last 16 I-series events (talking 500+ people at each one), one thing of value has been stolen, a digital camera, and that's when the guy left on on his desk and wandered off. It's a shame it happened, because theft's never been a problem; A large lan party will have a dedicated security team and some cameras, and a small one will have everyone close enough together to see what everyone's doing at all times. Everyone goes to LANs to have fun and play games, anyone who disrupts it soon gets seen off by the other attendees.
Mon 29/09/03 at 13:29
Regular
Yeah, they might steal your PC or something.
Mon 29/09/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
They clobber you over the head then steal your brand new FX9000.
Mon 29/09/03 at 08:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Why don't you trust them? Small ones especially, everyone tends to get to know everyone else fairly fast..

http://www.lanse.co.uk/main/ , from a quick google, appears to cover events in the south east - You can see quite how sparse they are. Elsewhere in the country...well, I-series is the big one, and good fun, but at a price.

http://www.google.com/ search?q=lan+party+uk&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off

There's a fair few smaller ones, have a look for something close to you.
Fri 26/09/03 at 20:58
Regular
Meh, don't really trust LAN parties.
Thu 25/09/03 at 22:31
"For the horde!!!!"
Mr_Writer03 wrote:
> are there any websites which tell you when there on

use a search engine
Thu 25/09/03 at 20:52
Regular
Mr_Writer03 wrote:
> are there any websites which tell you when there on

you see, you've totally twisted your original writing style. if you were carrying on from the original post, it'd look like this;

R THERE NE WEBBIES WHICH TELL U WHEN THERE ON
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:04
Regular
"programmers rule!"
are there any websites which tell you when there on
Wed 24/09/03 at 16:17
Regular
Are there any in London?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.