GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAME IDEA and a good one too"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/01 at 21:29
Regular
I don't know why developers feel forced to put puzzles in their games even though half the time their irrelavant anyway but, I had a thought the other day that I don't think anyone has thought up before :D

Where would puzzles and clues come most usefull in a game, a murder mystery of course, Just imagine it YOU the detective or policeman have taken the case and have to solve all sorts of riddles and puzzles, but thats the beauty part you'll actually want to because they'll say who's guilty, who's lying and will advance you in the game :D

I know puzzle solving and head scratchers aren't to everyone's taste but at least they'll be used well in a game like this.

res :)

what do you think??
Mon 17/09/01 at 21:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
I don't know why developers feel forced to put puzzles in their games even though half the time their irrelavant anyway but, I had a thought the other day that I don't think anyone has thought up before :D

Where would puzzles and clues come most usefull in a game, a murder mystery of course, Just imagine it YOU the detective or policeman have taken the case and have to solve all sorts of riddles and puzzles, but thats the beauty part you'll actually want to because they'll say who's guilty, who's lying and will advance you in the game :D

I know puzzle solving and head scratchers aren't to everyone's taste but at least they'll be used well in a game like this.

what do you think??
Tue 18/09/01 at 22:00
I like puzzle games, they are a lot better than first person gunny things, they are horrible, and yucky, and they are wayy to scarey, and make you jump, and you always die.

I think that you have had a very good idea!
Wed 19/09/01 at 20:56
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Res*vilfan wrote:
> I don't know why developers feel forced to put puzzles in their games even
> though half the time their irrelavant anyway but, I had a thought the other day
> that I don't think anyone has thought up before :D

Where would puzzles and
> clues come most usefull in a game, a murder mystery of course, Just imagine it
> YOU the detective or policeman have taken the case and have to solve all sorts
> of riddles and puzzles, but thats the beauty part you'll actually want to
> because they'll say who's guilty, who's lying and will advance you in the game
> :D

I know puzzle solving and head scratchers aren't to everyone's taste but
> at least they'll be used well in a game like this.

what do you
> think??

what sort of like an advanced cluedo?
although there might not be any replay value in this kind of game unless it had variations in the plot with different victims, criminals etc....
Wed 19/09/01 at 20:58
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
PinkGirlyGameyThing wrote:
> I like puzzle games, they are a lot better than first person gunny things, they
> are horrible, and yucky, and they are wayy to scarey, and make you jump, and you
> always die.

I think that you have had a very good idea!

puzzle games are good especially the fiendishly addictive tetris.
Wed 19/09/01 at 21:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
Thanks for the replies and pinkgirlygameything i urge you to play fantavision cus it's fanastic.
Fri 21/09/01 at 00:42
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
was fantavision the fireworks style puzzle game for ps2?
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah it's brilliant
Sun 23/09/01 at 18:26
I also have a good idea for a descent N64 game, have you ever heard of Dragon Ball Z, well I thought that there should be a game called 'Dragon Ball Z: The Cell Games' for N64 or Game Boy Color/Advance, a game in which you choose 6 characters (Goku, Gohan, Trunks, Vegeta, Piccalo or Krillin).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.