GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girl gamers - getting to know the cool part of the species. (women that is)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/01 at 21:12
Regular
Hi there. I think that this post is very appropriate for the male dominated site, (from what my friend said anyway.)

There is a great deal of confusion between boys and girls ragarding feamale gamers. I absolutley adore cute little games where you get to control people and dress them up and make them look pretty. I suppose that's why I have such a love of The Sims. for me it's like an advanced barbie set, and I love it. I get to design new wallpaper, and carpets, and best of all, I get to make the clothes.

That game is really good fun considering the cost of a barbie house would be £100 then then you have all the kitchens and furniture to buy.

But getting back onto the subject. Girls playing computer games.

I think I need to go back to the extremely sad and fashionless eighties. Back then the steriotype (ooh long words make me feel funny and jittery inside!) of computer people were wierdo boys who were bent on world destruction! but now you see they have become a part of everyday life. Everyone has one, and if you dont know how to use one then you're from the dark long time ago ages.

And E-Mail is sooo much better then SMS, and it is sooo much cheaper. It's especially good cos you can send pics to yur friends, and that is nice. Especially if you have a digital camera and then you can take a pic of yurself and Email it to your best friend to see if they think your hair and makeup looks nice... Oh you woulnt do that your boys!

Oh I cant stop getting off the point can I oh how my mind wanders!!!! hehe! Right we are now at a time where everyone uses computers.

Right now onto the gaming thing. about 2 or 3 years ago I was still wearing virgin socks, oops I wasnt meant to type that. 2 or 3 years ago, games were only considered for boys form 5-18 other than that, you were looked down upon if you played gammmmmmmmmmmm oh no I've broke a nail, one min.....

games, that's better! But now most men play games, and it is the girls that are looked down upon. They even sometimes have the ordacity to call us toyboys! so I think that in a few years we will find that girls are accepted, and then it will be the crinckly people who are looked down on if they play games!

So you see you will all have to accept me and my gaming chums cos wee rule. And you see the boring other girls that dont play games, dont know what they are missing. Rainbow Six I a very good multiplayer game, not that I can bring myself to put the gore on, that's just too gross any yucky. So I am pleased not ot be a wierd person, and I'm glad you all know how I feel about gaming. I love it. As long as there is no blood or fighting.

Ok I was just making that bit up about Rainbow Six, It's too scarey. My brother was playing it, I've never screamed sooo much in my life! But one of my other favourite games HAS to be Midtown Madness 2. going round london at 30mph is very exciting you know!

so getting back to girl games, you should not treat us different to other girls you know it's just that we have betttertastes in entertainment.

Thanyou all for reading my very first post on the male dominated (but not for long.) site.

Buyeeeeeeeeeeee and I hopre you like pink things cos I luuuuurve them!!!

Bye --xxx-- Bye
Tue 18/09/01 at 23:45
Regular
lol
Tue 18/09/01 at 23:35
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
PinkGirlyGameyThing wrote:
> Ooo I love ones.wonderful baby animals, and they are so furry and adorable, you just
> want to pick them up and cudlle them untill they die.

The wonderfully romantic Pink gives us an insight into the darker side of monkey cuddling....
Tue 18/09/01 at 23:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
PinkGirlyGameyThing wrote:
> Oh it's nice to know that some boys have some taste, and have
> flowers in their bedroom.

I always like people who have fresh
> flowers in their bedroom, because it shows they have a natural side
> to them.

I just relised i dont have any flowers in my room at all. No wonder i cant breathe in here...its full of CO 2!!!
Tue 18/09/01 at 23:17
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Right..
Tue 18/09/01 at 21:45
Oh it's nice to know that some boys have some taste, and have flowers in their bedroom.

I always like people who have fresh flowers in their bedroom, because it shows they have a natural side to them.
Tue 18/09/01 at 21:31
I just smell flowers. And my PC. That smells as well.
Tue 18/09/01 at 21:02
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> I smell a girl fight!

i didnt relise girl fights had a smell

wow you really do learn something new everyday
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:48
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Gibbons are better than chimps and monkeys.
Tue 18/09/01 at 18:29
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I smell a girl fight!
Tue 18/09/01 at 16:54
Regular
if you are on about your name then it changes to dark red after 24 hours then purple after 20 days,300 posts,and 10 000 words,you cant get a green name unless you are a staff member and the baby poo gold color is for notables only the "elite" of the forums

and monkeys arent cute they are cool....you know the more you post the more i am convinced you are a guy..no offence

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.