GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today's Fashion - Flares ARE back."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/09/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What did I know? I've been tied to my PC for nearly 3 years. This week I actually 'went out' and 'attended college' for my first of 40 weeks.

And it's like... flesh... EVERYWHERE. Boys wearing flares and carrying bass guitars over their shoulders, girls wearing as little as possible despite the cold weather and making eyes at the boys carrying bass guitars.

Pierced belly buttons everywhere you look. Pierced nipples if you look hard enough. Green hair, nose jewellery, silver-decked goths with black fingernails and the deepest hazel eyes you can imagine, blondes that must have spray-painted their jeans on that morning wandering by asking for directions to their next class, off the shoulder numbers that state quite clearly "Hey, I'm wearing a black lacy bra do you like it? Stop me and tell me if you do."

College rocks. And that's just the tutors. You should see the students :) My biggest problem at the moment is concentrating on asexual reproduction in aphids in Biology classes, and if you had the vision sitting opposite you that I do during those classes you'd have trouble concentrating too. She's 21. Single. Blonde, about size 8, the sort of woman who turns heads so fast that casualty departments get inundated with whiplash casualties. She's doing health and nutrition and having trouble with the the maths components when it comes to exponentials and describing the size of white blood cells compared to the capabilities of human vision. I said I've got a book on it at home. She's popping over at the weekend to have a browse.

If I survive next week I'll give you an update on the latest changes in college fashions. I'm not sure I will survive because at the moment I feel like a bee that's just survived a narrow miss with a 10-gallon pot of honey. I can't WAIT to report on the Summer fashions.

*Surfs over to e-bay to search for "bass guitars"*
Tue 30/09/03 at 06:51
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Anyhow, I'm off now to find the bass totting eye candy I've been told
> about.

Right here :P
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:37
Regular
Ah, lol, okay, have fun!
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Pink - definitely no. Dark purple is good but the rest of the post went straight over my head, I can't converse in double dutch.

Anyhow, I'm off now to find the bass totting eye candy I've been told about.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:56
Regular
Ah, interesting. That means I'm female too. Black, possibly dark red would be my favourite colours. As it is, I'm male, so I'd better say something else. Would pink do? That reminds me of a conversation about stereotypes in the Eyetoy: Play manual, but anyway, forget that.

Ooh, actually, dark purple. Hexidecimal code: 3f004f. Might possibly experiment with something a little later, perhaps adding 1 to both the 3 and 4.
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Red :)

If I'd said black it would have given you another clue that I am actually female.
Mon 29/09/03 at 00:03
Regular
That's true, it is a little personal, and actually none of my business. On the net, its not something you have to tell anybody, so apologies for even asking.

Anyway, what's your favourite colour? :D
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
ssxpro wrote:
> That would indicate you are female... or do you bat for the other
> team?

Bit of a personal question there - for this site anyway:)
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:42
Regular
True, it isn't fun to just cover the same stuff over and over, but I think I'd prefer that to finding an entire year of stuff I can't do at all (which by the way will probably be what I find this year).

I guess the best thing to do is concentrate on enjoying the remaining parts of the course which aren't so heavy on the Maths, and just be glad that you have a few safe marks under your belt. Good luck with the course, I hope you enjoy it!
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:19
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> If I remember correctly, didn't you do, or at least start, an MMath
> degree?

Yeah, but the Open University isn't too strict on applications, they'll take anyone. I found 'real' tuition a little easier to get along with so switched courses and colleges after 1 year of Math (and a 2 year Gap Year). Only to find that the course I'm on now has a 30% Math component made up of all the stuff we covered in the first two weeks of Open University. Except my college will stretch it out over a year. Which isn't fun :(
Sun 28/09/03 at 13:16
Regular
That would indicate you are female... or do you bat for the other team?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.