GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the future is what?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/01 at 19:51
Regular
yay game-cube and yay x-box i hear you cry,
but all i see is bigger games with better graphics, is this all that's going to change?
When i'm an old fart, i don't want to be saying "wow look how good the graphics are" on the playstation 23 ver.2Xl.

what is the future for gaming?
maybe a super-console between nintendo, sony, sega and (unfortunatly) microsoft? we'll all cry 'yay!' then too.
but would it be a huge step forward in gaming experience?

the next obvious step would be a game that totally submerses you in it, so you are not awaare of anything around you, like virtual reality.
But that sound like one hell of a step to me, and think how expensive it would be, how long it would take to make and how big the main console would need to be.

i can't see a bridge between these two ideas (except those 300 quid "virtual reality" (yeah right) glases from argos)

where's it all going?

when i have grand-children, i don't want to dust down my ps2
and show them FF10 for them to cry "those are quite good graphics, actuallty"

damn it all!
show me somthing spectacular!
now!
go!
develop!
Mon 17/09/01 at 22:30
Regular
the futures bright

the futures orange
Mon 17/09/01 at 22:13
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> hello
anyone there

Yes
Mon 17/09/01 at 22:10
"period drama"
hello
anyone there
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:51
"period drama"
yay game-cube and yay x-box i hear you cry,
but all i see is bigger games with better graphics, is this all that's going to change?
When i'm an old fart, i don't want to be saying "wow look how good the graphics are" on the playstation 23 ver.2Xl.

what is the future for gaming?
maybe a super-console between nintendo, sony, sega and (unfortunatly) microsoft? we'll all cry 'yay!' then too.
but would it be a huge step forward in gaming experience?

the next obvious step would be a game that totally submerses you in it, so you are not awaare of anything around you, like virtual reality.
But that sound like one hell of a step to me, and think how expensive it would be, how long it would take to make and how big the main console would need to be.

i can't see a bridge between these two ideas (except those 300 quid "virtual reality" (yeah right) glases from argos)

where's it all going?

when i have grand-children, i don't want to dust down my ps2
and show them FF10 for them to cry "those are quite good graphics, actuallty"

damn it all!
show me somthing spectacular!
now!
go!
develop!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.