GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Form to Mail Update?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/03/07 at 10:23
Regular
I wonder if Freeola can give us an update on the Form to Mail situation, I see its still on the status page and know its still running really slow (more than 24 hours in many cases) but do you have a rough time scale as to when you might get on top of this issue.

Kev
Fri 09/03/07 at 18:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Well I meant that the log would store all the form data thus no need to wait for the message to arrive to respond.
Fri 09/03/07 at 18:33
Regular
I already log my 'form' submissions; which makes it even more frustrating when I can see someone has tried to make contact but I can't respond until the message arrives.

I like to provide fast responses to show good customer service.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to provide this lately and it's out of my control - even more frustrating.
Fri 09/03/07 at 16:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Small suggestion.

Perhaps this isnt possible (easily) if everybody uses the same script (rather than a local copy in their webspace) but how about introducing logging so in the meantime people can look at their form to mail log and see the latest contacts irrespective of whether they've received the mail yet.
Fri 09/03/07 at 10:53
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
It certainly is an unfortunate fact that if you put steps in place to block spam, the spammers will fight hard to find away around any system.

However, we are currently looking into ways to get better data to analyse, detect and block spam which we hope to have in place in a matter of days, rather than weeks.
Thu 08/03/07 at 13:20
Regular
Many thanks for the update, I appreciate that what may seem like an easy solution to us untrained folks out here must be a technical nighmare for you guys, I mean how do you start to seperate spam from genuine mail?
Thu 08/03/07 at 13:09
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
We have taken action to prevent some of the worst abuse of our e-mail service by spammers, and some improvement did take place. However, we are aware that there are still periods where the e-mail forwarding service can become very slow and we are looking to take further action to remove abusive users in the next couple of days.

Please accept our apologies, we are pushing hard to get changes made that will improve the speed of this service as quickly as possible.
Thu 08/03/07 at 10:23
Regular
I wonder if Freeola can give us an update on the Form to Mail situation, I see its still on the status page and know its still running really slow (more than 24 hours in many cases) but do you have a rough time scale as to when you might get on top of this issue.

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.