GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Childish Ninty's :P"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Because we are making a game for a Nintendo platform, the users are younger, so one option was to produce a high-quality, appealing title aimed squarely at this market."

Well, well, well, top industry person agrees with this controversial view.

All stubborn argumentative abuse will be forwarded to Toshihiro Nagoshi, president, Amusement Vision, Creator of Super Monkey Ball.

:P
Tue 18/09/01 at 10:27
Regular
Nintendo don't AIM at kids.
They aim at gamers.

Mario, Zelda and Smash Brothers all examples of games that might be cartoony and player friendly (so they can't be adult) but are still challenging and have depth beyond most kids (so they can't be simply kiddies games).

They are gamers games. Games that anyone can get into, while the more experienced hardcore gamers can still get the long challenging games they ask for.

Sure, games like Mario Party are so simple that you might label them as "kiddie games" (I still like it but I know many people don't).
And there's others like Perfect Dark which is pretty much an adult game, purely because its mostly too hard for most "kiddies".

Personally, I think that Nintendo are the only company who aim for the balance.

As for what Toshihiro Nagoshi said, I'd have a go at him if Monkey Ball wasn't looking so great!
Mon 17/09/01 at 23:48
Na, don't bother. Only if the posts are really short. That's what I do, anyway.
Mon 17/09/01 at 23:41
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Did you know the maker of Devil May cry believe
> Nitnendo makes a
> console squarly for kids until...

He
> declared 6 REsident Evil
> only GC games! ARE WE STILL CHiLDISH
> NOW WE HAVE ADDED 6 NEW ADULT
> TITLES TO THE RELEASE LIST!
> WELL?

Look down the list, Dringo. DOne it already.

I should really try looking at the other posts more rather than glance.
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:39
Dringo wrote:
> Did you know the maker of Devil May cry believe Nitnendo makes a
> console squarly for kids until...

He declared 6 REsident Evil
> only GC games! ARE WE STILL CHiLDISH NOW WE HAVE ADDED 6 NEW ADULT
> TITLES TO THE RELEASE LIST! WELL?

Look down the list, Dringo. DOne it already.
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:32
Regular
Did you know the maker of Devil May cry believe Nitnendo makes a console squarly for kids until...

He declared 6 REsident Evil only GC games! ARE WE STILL CHiLDISH NOW WE HAVE ADDED 6 NEW ADULT TITLES TO THE RELEASE LIST! WELL?
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:14
You forgot Metal Gear Solid for the GBC.
Mon 17/09/01 at 19:11
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
I don't buy the Beano, however,
> because I
> find the storylines uninteresting.

How can you say
> that!?!?

The one where he eats the cow pie is a classic!

Oh...
> that's all of them.... damn.

Cow Pie?

Oh yeah, from the other comic, The Dandy. I remember Desperate Dan eating all his Cow Pies, whereas Dennis the Menace of the Beano would try to make fun of Softee Walter.

:)

If Nintendo are as childish as have been mentioned in here, they wouldn't have had games like R-Type (GBC), Tomb Raider/Chronicles of the Sword (GBC), Terminator 2 (SNES), Final Fantasy- many versions (NES/SNES/GB), Shadowman (N64), CBFD (N64), Nigel Mansel's World Grand Prix (SNES), ISS-many versions (N64), Michael Owens World League Soccer (N64), Perfect Dark (N64), Goldeneye (N64), The Turok Series (N64, GBC), XG/XG2 (N64), The World is not Enough (N64), Star Wars Rogue Leader (GameCube), etc
Mon 17/09/01 at 18:31
Look people, the Nintendo Gamecube is a CONSOLE. Yes? Therefore, a console can run any games that are programmed for it, including Resident Evil or Kirby. When people say that the GC is a kiddie's console, they are wrong. It's just a console. It's up to the developers to decide how many "kiddy" games there should be for any particular platform. Also, "kiddy" games do not neccesarily reflect the average age group in which people play these games.

On a lighter note, Capcom have announced that they are concentrating their efforts solely on the Gamecube, and are converting the ENTIRE Resident Evil series, eventually ending with the newest ones exclusive to the GC, only for the console. With improved visuals. of course.
Mon 17/09/01 at 18:31
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
That is a SEGA bloke talking, not Nintendo.

Anyway, who gives a damn if it's childish-looking, when the puzzles and gameplay will be for adults...well, umm, yeah.#

Nintendo are not childish.
Mon 17/09/01 at 17:55
Regular
And if theres any of you that think Ninty don't have Tomb Raider or Tekken think again. Theres a new TR game for Gameboy and Tekken is coming out for GBA.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.