GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MarioKart SuperCircuit."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/09/01 at 10:45
Regular
Ok, got this game saturday morning (thanks SR!) and been playing it a bit.

I've got a Gold Cup for each cup on all the CC's, with varying grades, when I go back, there's a little sign that says "Press L or R for more tracks."

I do this, and what do I find? ALL of the SNES tracks!

FANTASTIC!

Except only the first cup is open at the moment.

I think you need to get a grade 'A' for each cup to open up the one related to it from the SNES game. To get a grade 'A' I *think* you need to win every race in the cup, and have over 100 gold coins in total from the four races. If you have over 140 coins, you get a grade of two stars, which I have on some of mine.

The only problem with the SNES tracks in that they are not arranged in the same way as in the SNES game. In the SNES version of MArioKart, you have 4 cups, of 5 tracks each, in the GBA version they are split up into 5 cups of 4 tracks each.

But one thing reminds me even more of the SNES version, and that is Luigi.

He is still DAMN annoying! Always getting in the way! Git!

Apart from that, it's a great game.
Mon 17/09/01 at 10:45
Regular
Ok, got this game saturday morning (thanks SR!) and been playing it a bit.

I've got a Gold Cup for each cup on all the CC's, with varying grades, when I go back, there's a little sign that says "Press L or R for more tracks."

I do this, and what do I find? ALL of the SNES tracks!

FANTASTIC!

Except only the first cup is open at the moment.

I think you need to get a grade 'A' for each cup to open up the one related to it from the SNES game. To get a grade 'A' I *think* you need to win every race in the cup, and have over 100 gold coins in total from the four races. If you have over 140 coins, you get a grade of two stars, which I have on some of mine.

The only problem with the SNES tracks in that they are not arranged in the same way as in the SNES game. In the SNES version of MArioKart, you have 4 cups, of 5 tracks each, in the GBA version they are split up into 5 cups of 4 tracks each.

But one thing reminds me even more of the SNES version, and that is Luigi.

He is still DAMN annoying! Always getting in the way! Git!

Apart from that, it's a great game.
Mon 17/09/01 at 10:48
Regular
"DS..."
hmmm, I unlocked all the SNES tracks yesterday, you just need to come 1st overall and get over 100 coins, i think.
slik ~_~
Mon 17/09/01 at 10:54
Regular
I think I've done that, but I only get a grade B for the special up on 150cc.

I think you need a grade A to unlock the SNES tracks.
Mon 17/09/01 at 10:58
Regular
"DS..."
No you don't...
slik ~_~
Mon 17/09/01 at 11:00
Regular
Well, I've unlocked the first two SNES cups and got double star award for both of them (on 50cc), and the third one remians locked.

I'll have to play it more tonight and see what I can work out....
Mon 17/09/01 at 11:02
Regular
"DS..."
Ive unlocked them all, don't worry, you'll figure it out!
slik ~_~
Mon 17/09/01 at 11:06
Regular
You reckon it's win the championship and get 100 coins?

Hmmmm, I'll have to check, but I know I've won every cup, and I'm sure I've got over 100 coins.

I'll have to check though.

One thing, why is it so easy?

I won every cup at the first attempt, except Special Cup at 150cc, which took a couple a tries.
Mon 17/09/01 at 17:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i am nearly there. great game innit?
Mon 17/09/01 at 17:02
Regular
Why is it easy? well basically we are people that have been playing mario kart for years and this version of the game hasnt changed so much. So its gonna be easy aint it.
Mon 17/09/01 at 17:07
Regular
Ortega, true, but I did notice one thing when playing.

When I played it initially, I was only winning each race by a second or two.

As soon as I'd unlocked and played on the old SNES tracks, I went back to the new tracks and I was instantly beating everyone else by about 6 or 7 seconds.

It was really strange.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.