GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KoToR questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
Despite being very far into the game I wonder if someone could help me out with a couple of basic questions. Firstly, if you go down the dark side (as I plan after doing it down light side) is the game completely different? e.g do you work for Dark Malak instead of going to the Jedi Academy after Taris?

Secondly, if you use a computer spike to destory a terminal near some guards do you get extra experience points? I am a solider so I very rarely use the terminals however I want to change for when I start the dark side campaign. Do you get the X amount of XP + the XP you would get for fighting them? Or do you get that instead of? I only ask because when I used it for the first time I got XP on the spot but also XP coming from the enemies heads as it does when you kill them in hand to hand.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:21
Regular
"Unretired"
Why I love the Dark Side...

": You love me, and want to give me all your credits
Rodian: I love you, and I want to give you all your credits!

500 Credits Gained
Dark Side points Gainted"

Dominate Mind is by far my favorite force power.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:31
Regular
Being mean is definitley more fun but its infinitley easier. I like the challenge of trying to persuade people and talking with people over things more than just calling them names and choosing the bottom answer to nearly all the questions. There are also more dark side points than light side points to be collected through the game so its an easier route to take.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:02
Regular
Darkside - you do have to go through the Jedi Training thing on dantooine. But its worth playing the game on the dark side so you can be mean to everyone :P

Obviously i'm not *that* far into the game at the moment.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:42
"I love yo... lamp."
For no real reason I picked to go to the light side and am a female scoundrel. Not that much in the way of health or vitality whatever it's calle, but I'm doing well enough.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
Are you sure of that TGM?
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:40
Regular
Soldier kicks ass as most of the areas can be over come with the use of quick fights and the force. However if the computer terminals allow the XP + XP from dead characters then its definitley worth it.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:37
Regular
Ye the computer gives loads of XP but if you don't get the XP from the characters as well then it isn't worth becoming a scoundrel or scout.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:35
Regular
Cheers NB. Thats the way it looked as well when I used the terminals. Maybe someone could definitley clarify that as its worth doing.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:33
"I love yo... lamp."
I don't think you work for Darth Malak, I think you kill him and take over. But whatever happens, it does majorly affect the game.

As regards the terminals, it appears that you gt XP for using the terminal and performing acions and from killing the guards. I may be wrong, but thats the way it's looked when I've used terminals.
Sat 27/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
Despite being very far into the game I wonder if someone could help me out with a couple of basic questions. Firstly, if you go down the dark side (as I plan after doing it down light side) is the game completely different? e.g do you work for Dark Malak instead of going to the Jedi Academy after Taris?

Secondly, if you use a computer spike to destory a terminal near some guards do you get extra experience points? I am a solider so I very rarely use the terminals however I want to change for when I start the dark side campaign. Do you get the X amount of XP + the XP you would get for fighting them? Or do you get that instead of? I only ask because when I used it for the first time I got XP on the spot but also XP coming from the enemies heads as it does when you kill them in hand to hand.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.