GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Price Drop?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/09/03 at 15:59
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Ive been hearing about a price drop to around £100 on October 14th.

But only one site has published this, EuroGamer.

I know we might be in for a price drop leading upto Christmas, but in October?

Anyone else heard of a price drop this soon (now that GC will have dropped on October 1st)?
Tue 07/10/03 at 23:29
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Im waiting too!

Im hoping it will happen on the week starting 13th Oct.
Tue 07/10/03 at 23:25
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> It would have made sense, now that Sony and Nintendo are generating
> massive publicity, for them to announce a cut and steal some thunder.
> Instead, they announced there would be no cut. Considering the point
> in time, I think they're sincere.

No Nintendo said there would be no cut... two weeks later the console dropped to £130. No cut indeed.

It's just to make sure no one waits for a cut to occur.

I am waiting for a cut to occur because my Dad is stingy with his 'box and he likes leaving it at work for a good while.

*Waits for cut*
Mon 06/10/03 at 21:55
"For the horde!!!!"
Munson wrote:
> Computer and Video games magazine has said all three consoles would
> have price drops in the next few months.
>
> PS2- £129.
> Cube- £79.
> Xbox- £99.
>
> no exact date for the Xbox though.

Them numbers sure have a difference, PS2 is £50 dearer than the GC? blimy
Mon 06/10/03 at 20:11
Regular
I hope it does drop in time for Christmas. Cheaper console = one more game to go with it.
Mon 06/10/03 at 18:33
Regular
"thegodfather"
Computer and Video games magazine has said all three consoles would have price drops in the next few months.

PS2- £129.
Cube- £79.
Xbox- £99.

no exact date for the Xbox though.
Mon 06/10/03 at 08:35
Regular
"BOSE"
i'm with ya, ÂLŠ†ÂÎR. the person (sounds like a bloke) sounds like a punk or something. whenever i phone up to ask about a game/dvd/music etc they're like all propper about it. they've never said "nope" to me before, or "never heard of it". when working in a place like that i thought they're meant to have knowledge of what they sell.

when i bought KOTOR recently the bloke totally knew of it. he said "we've gotta wait until christmas for this one"
Sun 05/10/03 at 23:13
Regular
It would have made sense, now that Sony and Nintendo are generating massive publicity, for them to announce a cut and steal some thunder. Instead, they announced there would be no cut. Considering the point in time, I think they're sincere.
Sun 05/10/03 at 22:14
Regular
Don't believe them. They said that 4 DAYS before I paid £300 for my Xbox.I had to wait 12 weeks for a decent reward package.
Sun 05/10/03 at 22:08
Regular
Microsoft have confirmed that they won't follow suit with an Xbox price-cut.
Sun 05/10/03 at 21:29
Regular
No sorry, I don't bat for that team ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.