GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"id dark chronicle worth buying"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dark Chronicle'.
Tue 30/09/03 at 07:35
Regular
"And some more !"
i was thinkin of buyin this game dark chronicle coz its an rpg and i was wantin to know if it is good or not
please can some one tell me if its good or not
Fri 03/10/03 at 18:14
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
does any 1 know what Garlic Breads new nickname,relativly new, nick name is?
Fri 03/10/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
phuzzy wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:
> phuzzy wrote:
> Anything interesting happen if you persevere? I'm late in Chapter 2.
>
> Levelled up Steve. (Got the voice pack yet?)
>
> Nope, though that did look intriguing.

All it does is give Steve a voice so he natters away whilst you control him, makes dungeons a bit more interesting but the repetitiveness grates after a while, you can always remove it later :)

> You should have about 30 inventions made by now.
>
> Christ! I've just got the default one..how are you meant to know what
> goes with what, and where to get the photos? Aimlessly wander :D?

Some NPCs will give you clues, like in the Town Hall, and there's hundreds of books and notes scattered about with ideas scribbled on them, like in Cedric's Workshop at the end of the bed. Look for the "!" Icon popping up, that usually indicates something to read or find. Photograph everything, shopsigns, walls, the sun, the moon, lampposts etc. You'll know you've got one you can use as an idea when you get a picture with a little lightbulb showing on the bottom left. You can save these to your idea book then delete them to make room for more, there's literally hundreds to collect and literally hundreds of inventions to make.

> Possibly got 95% of your town population moved onto the train.
>
> *looks a bit confused*

You can recruit characters after you've started building your first town, if you go back to your first town and speak to NPCs there, start with the gardener. NPCs first give you a quest to complete, once you've done that they'll board your train and travel with you. Once you've recruited NPCs you can select any one of them to join your party in dungeons. Some, like the Priest, will resurrect you if you die, others will give you item bonuses or stat bonuses as you kill monsters and level up. Viewing each person on the train will tell you which ones do which.

> Learnt how to collect monster badges.
> Bred your first fish in the aquarium.
> Learnt to morph Monica.
>
> As above

You need to progress a little further to get these, but once you do the game really opens up.

> Got a shedload of scoops and a diamond or two.
>
> As inventions :)

You collect scoops automatically as you meet new monsters and speak to new NPCs. If you then go back to the very first dungeon and speak to Donny he'll update your Scoop notebook. E.g. one Scoop is to take a picture of Linda the elephant doing her foot stomp attack. If you get that picture with your camera and bring it back to Donny he'll tick it off from your Scoop notebook, get enough of these and you get diamonds as rewards, which are great for levelling up your weapons. You know you've got a scoop when you take a picture and it's got a little lightbulb lit up in the bottom left corner, same with ideas. There are over 50 scoops to get in the game.
Fri 03/10/03 at 16:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> phuzzy wrote:
>
> Levelled up Steve. (Got the voice pack yet?)

Nope, though that did look intriguing.

> Built your first town.

I've begun that :)

> You should have about 30 inventions made by now.

Christ! I've just got the default one..how are you meant to know what goes with what, and where to get the photos? Aimlessly wander :D?

> Possibly got 95% of your town population moved onto the train.

*looks a bit confused*

> Learnt how to collect monster badges.
> Bred your first fish in the aquarium.
> Learnt to morph Monica.

As above

> Got a shedload of scoops and a diamond or two.

As inventions :)
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:24
I have to agree with Phuzzy. The repeated dungeon after dungeon after dungeon. Each level much the same as the one before is damn boring.
I could only get to chapter 3 before I had to place it on ebay.
Wed 01/10/03 at 07:01
Regular
Each time you progress further into a dungeon a new chest appears for you to find back in town which contains a Fruit of Eden. Eat one of those and your HP goes up permanently. Some chests also contain PotatoCake, which increase Defense permanently. Other chests contain other things that increase Monica's stats too. Note that she also can eat Fruit of Eden's to get her HP up, so it's wise to share them evenly.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
sorry really dc2 noob question but...how do you get your hit points up? i only seem to be able to level up my weapons...
Tue 30/09/03 at 21:58
Regular
phuzzy wrote:

Levelled up Steve. (Got the voice pack yet?)
Built your first town.
You should have about 30 inventions made by now.
Possibly got 95% of your town population moved onto the train.
Learnt how to collect monster badges.
Bred your first fish in the aquarium.
Learnt to morph Monica.
Got a shedload of scoops and a diamond or two.

It opens up a little more in chapter 3, but you've already got a couple of hundred hours of gaming just working through the above list.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:11
"period drama"
I would have got it if they'd release it in July like it was supposed to be. For my birthday.
But now other games are above it on my wanted list, and I have no income. Thus, it will probably never get bought.

I went to get it the other week, but no where had any stock in. But they did have Skies in. So I'm playing that, instead. And enjoying everything muchly.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:44
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Once. That bored me further.

Anything interesting happen if you persevere? I'm late in Chapter 2.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:00
Regular
Tried fishing in dungeons yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.