GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did anyone notice..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Assuming you've seen the new Soul Calibur 2 advert that is.
It's a pretty good ad, but the one little detail that annoyed be about it was at the very end. After the game footage (yes actual game footage in a game ad!) there are two, yes two, game boxes shown. The PS2 and Xbox covers are shown, but what about the Cube version???

From various different sources I've read that the Cube version is the better of the three due to the best extra character in Link and the best control set-up, yet why oh why somebody decided to neglect showing the Cube box on there too seems a little strange. There's enough room on there to show it, so why is it not on there? Some kind of conspiracy or hidden agenda?

Thoughts?
Fri 03/10/03 at 16:02
Regular
Dammit Phuzzy beat me to it!

Nintendo are the publishers of Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube whilst EA are in charge of the X-box and PS2 versions.

And you know Nintendo's advertisement budget :D
Fri 03/10/03 at 15:56
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
It's because Namco or EA Partners, I forget, is working on the advertising for the Sony and MS versions, whilst Ninty took it upon themselves.

Thats why you see different GC SCII print ads to the PS2/Xbox.

That's also why GC version isn't on TV.
Wed 01/10/03 at 21:29
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Who really cares? The console kicks ass and thats all thats required.
> Sod the rest, they are missing out.

*sigh* reminds me of two of my friends.

them:'why do you still like the gaycube?! everyone who bought one is regretting it, and its a crappy console.'
me:'i'm not regretting it, and i wouldnt care if i was the only person in thw world who had a gamecube, i'd still like it. So you're saying i should follow the crowd, like a sheep, and do what everyone else does?'

i think from there on the argument kind of dwindled out..and i'd like to think that it was because of my fantastic reasoning.
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:24
Regular
What channel has it been on? I haven't seen it yet...
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:23
Regular
"8==="
Indeed.

Nintendo are in the black and they are far from finished.
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:47
Regular
Who really cares? The console kicks ass and thats all thats required. Sod the rest, they are missing out.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I was going to say exactly the same, fook the rest of em eh!
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Like Totoro, the Cube version has outsold the others, and hardware sales have gone up 118%, and this is the first of this autumns/winters big big games.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Despite not being featued on the ad, the GC version of Soul Calibur 2 has actually outsold the other two versions according to various sources.
The GC got 38%, PS2 got 34% with Xbox on 28% of sales.
A bit of a suprise.
Tue 30/09/03 at 11:51
Even the BBC games reviewers openly admitted that the Cube version has sharper visuals than the PS2, and they're about as anti-ninty as you can get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.