GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Billy Hatcher!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg'.
Tue 30/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
And its bloody hilarious!

Ive only played a couple of missions, and so far its ok.

The gameplay is smooth, the graphics are colourful but not stunning, the music and noises people make are funny, and its generally a light hearted game.

There is no voice acting, but the characters make cool noises.

Its very similar to Mario Sunshine actually, and thats not a bad thing.

Once I play it more I'll tell ya all about it.

Anyone else got/going to get it?

Btw, of course I imported it.

TW
Tue 30/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
And its bloody hilarious!

Ive only played a couple of missions, and so far its ok.

The gameplay is smooth, the graphics are colourful but not stunning, the music and noises people make are funny, and its generally a light hearted game.

There is no voice acting, but the characters make cool noises.

Its very similar to Mario Sunshine actually, and thats not a bad thing.

Once I play it more I'll tell ya all about it.

Anyone else got/going to get it?

Btw, of course I imported it.

TW
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I would like to play it.

If it turns out to be really good, of course I shall get it.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:10
Regular
It's the next game on my 'To Get...' list. Not sure if I should get the SC2 Arcade Stick and ToS Memory first, though.

Althought I'll probably get nothing, seeing as a have no money :-\
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Well, I've played it some more, and its getting a lot better. But it is a very simple game, and quite unoriginal in places. I mean, the levels are all fairly similar to Sunshine, Spyro games and stuff like that. Also, I'm at a place called Pirate Island...what a name!!

But you get monsters to help you solve puzzles. First you get an egg, find powerups for it, then hatch it, and you have a loyal beast at your side!!

:-)
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I HAVE IT ALSO. I was going to do some first impressions but they are kind of identical to yours! I love it! It's better then sonic in my opinion and it is pretty funny, the multiplayer is superb, you get to ride on these cool looking animals etc.. I'm on the pirate level, the layout is a little like Vexx isn't it? I hope i don't finish it quickly because at the moment it all seems a little to easy! The cutscenes are great aren't they??? Glad you like it! :)
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I thought it was gonna be short, but then i realised it skips you to the next world, even when you havent finished all the stages on the world you are on, so I've gotta go back and do all the stages for old worlds. :-)

Im really liking this game now. Very colourful, bright and a real relaxing game to play.

Gets TWs thumbs up!
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Yep i agree with you! I have no idea how to get the GBA games, like 'Nights' and 2 Billy Hatcher shooting games etc.. I also give the game a thumbs up but i can see magazine like NGC giving it 76% and CUBE giving it 9.0, so who do you believe? I would RENT IT first if you haven't brought the Import version, as it's one of those games that i think you'll either love or hate (i love it)!

What do you think of the title music? I've never heard anything so catchy in all my life!

And could you tell me more about going to the Dark side world? I didn't really understand what you said! I thought there were only 8 levels? If there's more that's fantastic....
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:43
Regular
Is this game like Vexx then?

I bought Vexx and sold it on very quickly. It was an okay game, but it just had a major feeling of been here done that a million times before.
Thu 02/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Erm, Owen...when did I say the words "dark side"?

Tilt, it is a bit unoriginal and everyones probly played a similar game, but it is a lot of fun and you'll love it or hate it i guess.

I think theres 8 worlds with 5 stages in each.

Im off to play it. Ciao.
Sat 04/10/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Time_Warp wrote:
> Erm, Owen...when did I say the words "dark side"?
>
> Tilt, it is a bit unoriginal and everyones probly played a similar
> game, but it is a lot of fun and you'll love it or hate it i guess.
>
> I think theres 8 worlds with 5 stages in each.
>
> Im off to play it. Ciao.

Sorry mate thinking about Rebel Strike ;)! The layout is like Vexx where you do different Missions in one level, like 'Find the 8 chikens' etc.. and after defeating the boss you can change your level! HOWEVER THE GAME IS MUCH BETTER THEN VEXX OVERALL.....

Time_Warp, have you found the secret GBA games yet in Billy Hatcher? I really want them!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.