GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What We've Come To Believe"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/09/01 at 15:53
Regular
Well to tell you the truth I don't know what you think or have an opinion on I've only been here a mere 25 days, but what I'm not intrested in is this consent ammount of Console Wars.

As we've seen today some annoying newbies or JAT's decide it would be the good thing to post a load of rubbish to see how many people will post into it and probally also found out how much abuse they get for it.

Every console is good otherwise why would they be sold the way they were, in the thousands? It's all a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to that, just like I am. And this is my opinion.

Nintendo is best because....Blah Blah Blah, I won't repeat the title of the other topic currently running in FOG Chat but it goes along the lines of PS2 is crap. How can you come to this conclusion about something. The power of the console and what it can do is all that really makes the thing what it is, the rest is all down to the games designers ect.

The PS2 might not be very pretty to look at and you have to fork out some extra money if you want four players, but apart from that is there really anything to moan about? The Nintendo64 is now old compared to what is about, but then look at the PS1. That might even still have a few years left in it and I believe that was made back in 1995, or atleast that's when it was released in the UK.

I wouldn't refuse to buy a GameCube purely for the fact that Nintendo made it and the same reasons for the X-Box. It's the games that make the console not the console that makes the games. And I hope that both of them offer a good range in the future for us to survive on.

I would understand if any of these people wanted to write a console wars topic and give valid reasons, but there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation around it. And just before I finish writing can anyone tell me when the release of the X-Box and GameCube will be.

Thanks for reading

The Dogfather
Sun 16/09/01 at 17:57
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I agree with this, I admit I prefer Nintendo but that dosent mean theres anything wrong with the other consoles because every console has it's advantages and it really depends on what games you prefer because thats what makes the console.
Sun 16/09/01 at 17:21
M16 wrote:
> Nothing wrong with console wars as long as you don't get the idiots
> who just say things like "PS2 is much better, Nintendo is for
> babbies" etc.

but who said thats not true?
Sun 16/09/01 at 17:01
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Nothing wrong with console wars as long as you don't get the idiots who just say things like "PS2 is much better, Nintendo is for babbies" etc.

PS, great tagline TW! :D
Sun 16/09/01 at 16:28
Great post Tom. (:)
Sun 16/09/01 at 15:53
Regular
"I am your father"
Well to tell you the truth I don't know what you think or have an opinion on I've only been here a mere 25 days, but what I'm not intrested in is this consent ammount of Console Wars.

As we've seen today some annoying newbies or JAT's decide it would be the good thing to post a load of rubbish to see how many people will post into it and probally also found out how much abuse they get for it.

Every console is good otherwise why would they be sold the way they were, in the thousands? It's all a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to that, just like I am. And this is my opinion.

Nintendo is best because....Blah Blah Blah, I won't repeat the title of the other topic currently running in FOG Chat but it goes along the lines of PS2 is crap. How can you come to this conclusion about something. The power of the console and what it can do is all that really makes the thing what it is, the rest is all down to the games designers ect.

The PS2 might not be very pretty to look at and you have to fork out some extra money if you want four players, but apart from that is there really anything to moan about? The Nintendo64 is now old compared to what is about, but then look at the PS1. That might even still have a few years left in it and I believe that was made back in 1995, or atleast that's when it was released in the UK.

I wouldn't refuse to buy a GameCube purely for the fact that Nintendo made it and the same reasons for the X-Box. It's the games that make the console not the console that makes the games. And I hope that both of them offer a good range in the future for us to survive on.

I would understand if any of these people wanted to write a console wars topic and give valid reasons, but there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation around it. And just before I finish writing can anyone tell me when the release of the X-Box and GameCube will be.

Thanks for reading

The Dogfather

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.