GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've played Rogue Squadron 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike'.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:09
Regular
And it's brilliant!

I have managed to get hold of an official Nintendo demo disc which contains Viewtiful Joe, Rogue Squadron 3, Soul Calibur 2, F-Zero and PN03.

I was very impressed with the new Star Wars title - although not being much of a graphical improvement (on Hoth - the level on the disc), it plays quite different in that you can play as Luke Skywalker as he grapples himself up to the underbelly of one of those walkers, slices it open and lobs a grenade into it. The flying section was virtually the same as Rogue Leader.

Very good!

Viewtiful Joe was ok in my opinion, but the demo wasn't enough to convince me to shell out £39.99 for it.

F-Zero was....fast. Makes XG3 seem as fast as the garbage truck in Midtown Madness 3! I cannae wait for its full release.

I've already got SC2, and PN03 seemed average to me. Nothing I'll get excited about.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:09
Regular
And it's brilliant!

I have managed to get hold of an official Nintendo demo disc which contains Viewtiful Joe, Rogue Squadron 3, Soul Calibur 2, F-Zero and PN03.

I was very impressed with the new Star Wars title - although not being much of a graphical improvement (on Hoth - the level on the disc), it plays quite different in that you can play as Luke Skywalker as he grapples himself up to the underbelly of one of those walkers, slices it open and lobs a grenade into it. The flying section was virtually the same as Rogue Leader.

Very good!

Viewtiful Joe was ok in my opinion, but the demo wasn't enough to convince me to shell out £39.99 for it.

F-Zero was....fast. Makes XG3 seem as fast as the garbage truck in Midtown Madness 3! I cannae wait for its full release.

I've already got SC2, and PN03 seemed average to me. Nothing I'll get excited about.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:16
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> The flying section was virtually the same as Rogue Leader.

One to miss then. Wasn't a fan of Rogue Leader but hoped they would implement more things into the 3rd. Never mind though, still others to get.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I also played the new Star Wars in my local GAME and can honestly say that the on-foot sections are going to let the game down, i did the bit with the walkers and it just felt sluggish, i'm still having second thoughts about getting it as an Xmas present there are laods of good games coming out!!!!
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:30
Regular
I've got Rogue Squadron III and Viewtiful Joe pre-ordered.

So yay and boo.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
I'd get Rogue Leader 3 if it wasn't for the stupidly large amounts of amazing games coming out this Xmas.

I really am spoilt for choice.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Wasn't a fan of Rogue Leader

How come?
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:45
Regular
Wasn't Rogue LEader the first game you got with you Cube?

I can remember you loved it at the time.

They're good games, but they're a bit too repetetive and shallow for my liking. I'll still check it out when it comes down in price, but there simply won't be time in the day to play it around Xmas.
Thu 02/10/03 at 11:48
I'm assuming Lucas Arts are using a similar third person walking engine as they had in Clone Wars. This means that it will be absolutely crap.

I'm sure the flying sections will be just as thrilling as before though, but the very idea of those walking sections is enough to induce vommitting.
Thu 02/10/03 at 13:11
Regular
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> I'm assuming Lucas Arts are using a similar third person walking
> engine as they had in Clone Wars. This means that it will be
> absolutely crap.

Nah, It's a different system. For a start, moving isn't robotic like Clone Wars and the graphics don't play like the Matrix did. I actually like the walking parts on number 3 when I played it in GAME a few days ago. I never got round to having a go at F-zero or Viewtiful Joe yet. PN03 is crap IMO.

P.s. Edgy, How'd you get yourself a copy of that demo? I asked GAME and they pretty much told me nothing.
Thu 02/10/03 at 14:00
Regular
Lets just say I have my ways :D

Though I do think Nintendo should do something with one of the magazines in order to give away free demos, even if just one a month.

NOM would be their likely choice, but NGC would be favoured by myself and probably many others...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.