GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Appearance..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/10 at 10:40
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I guess everyone is different. I remember when i was about 7 and i was sick of wearing 'Girly' Clothes. I didnt feel right dressed all girly since all my friends were mainly boys and they were in jeans and trackies. I wanted to be apart of that and i wanted to dress as they were. So that was it mum started buying me what i wanted and i was mainly in jeans and trackies, At the age of 17 when i very slowly started to look more girly and got more female friends, i met a guy which i really fell in love with. Then i made more of an effort with my appearance. I ditched my tom boy image. Then got in to make up and clothes that i wouldnt normally wear. I went though a stage where i wouldnt wear jeans. I wouldnt leave the house without makeup or my hair done.

Now im 28 ive got to the stage again where im really not that fussed. I dont think i make to much of an effort unless im off on a night out. People think i spend hours getting ready when i dont, i dont make no effort unless im out on the razz.

What made me think of this topic. My 6 year old moaning about what he looks like. He has dress sence he knows what goes and what doesnt. He has been dressing himself from about the age of 3. So why is he asking me now when he has dressed ok. Everything he puts on looks alright. Yet this morning he has come down about 4 times in different clothes. Each one has looked ok and he has moaned about it.

So when did you start to think about your appearance more? How much of an effort to you put in to getting ready each day to say when you have an event coming up or some special day where you would think you need to dress up more?
Tue 13/04/10 at 23:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
I generally go for jeans, T-shirt/button shirt with some awesome jacket/coat. I do prefer more obscure styles, but with some class.
Tue 13/04/10 at 21:51
"possibly impossible"
I like to feel good about what I wear and how I appear so I ignore what everyone else is doing and just do what I want.

Currently this means dark chinos, long hair, highlights and a lot of black shirts or jeans.

used to wear loads of denim, i mean 2 piece denim with a denim jacket on top sort of thing. Still wouldn't say no to doing that despite it making me look like an extra from either Auf Wiedersehen Pet or a Dexy's Midnight Runners video...
Tue 13/04/10 at 19:27
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Never been girly since i have been dressing myself - but have been buying slightly girly clothes recently but that's about it
Tue 13/04/10 at 16:41
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Alfonse wrote:
> Who is Sly Fox? An old name from SR I can't remember, or a
> changed name I haven't guessed yet?

I really cant remember. Im lost that many people and name changes i cant keep up.
Tue 13/04/10 at 16:39
Regular
Vee wrote:
> Sly Fox is a pain in the butt for bringing the chip thing up!!!!
> lol

Who is Sly Fox? An old name from SR I can't remember, or a changed name I haven't guessed yet?
Tue 13/04/10 at 16:29
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Vee wrote:
> Each to their own then. A woman wearing chips is not appealing!

You are correct, a woman wearing chips is not appealing, however women and chips are appealing as separate entities or, more preferably, in a 'serving you dinner' scenario.
Tue 13/04/10 at 16:10
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Sly Fox is a pain in the butt for bringing the chip thing up!!!! lol
Tue 13/04/10 at 16:08
Regular
I find women wearing bananas appeeling.
Tue 13/04/10 at 15:39
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Each to their own then. A woman wearing chips is not appealing!
Tue 13/04/10 at 15:21
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Vee wrote:
> You need to get out more. :-)

To paraphrase a colleague, upon reading this post:

If a man doesn't find interest in chips and women, then he isn't a real man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.