GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pimping Your Ride"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/10 at 08:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Car modifications... it seems everyone is doing it these days. Walking down the street and you see a couple of chav-mobiles racing down with their oversized spoilers and black alloys. Old men with their Jaguar badges one week, followed by the little Jaguar iron cast replacing it the next.

The only thing I've ever done to my car is changed the windscreen wipers (the frost got to my last set) and bought a new air freshener - hardly modifying, but I view my car as a means to travel and that is it.

Does anyone here have modifications for their cars? If so, what have you done? Do you spend lots of money doing them up? When and where do you stop?

If the car is a joke to start with, such as a vivid green '94 Subaru Justy (that keeps breaking down), is it worth modifying? (Sorry I had to ask this, because someone who annoys me a great deal insists he can make it cool, but with every modification it seems to be looking a lot dodgier...)

Another interesting point is car insurance. Modify the car away from stock and the premiums jump through the roof. I know many, including the person above, does not declare the modifications to his insurance provider. Stupid - as I know that if he needs to make a claim, they'll refuse to pay out due to him withloding information about the car.

What are your thoughts on the subject?
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:06
Regular
"And in last place.."
The only modification I've ever done to my car was a result of spinning it into a hedge during winter. I didn't like the end result so got it sorted.

I'm not a big fan of the pimping, most of it tends to look cheap crap although there are some exceptions that I can appreciate even if it is not to my liking.

I can't stand the big exhausts though. I was behind someone today with a huge exhaust which was almost scraping along the road. Big exhaust or not, there was no getting away from the fact he was driving an M reg standard model Astra.
Thu 08/04/10 at 13:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
My parents drive a Volvo estate.I borrowed it once but had to wear dark glasses and a big hat incase anyone spotted me in it.Decided to give it the obligatory ''stig test'' and came to the conclusion they mustn't have corners in Sweden !.
Thu 08/04/10 at 10:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Haha... a Volvo Estate...

Is it me or do most Volvos have that "dusty track" look? All the ones I have seen in Bristol are filthy!

Some things I don't mind the look of, but I'd rather keep my car as it is. The less I do to it, the less that can potentially go wrong with it!

EDIT: And thanks Vee, I'll have a look - and pass it over to the relevant person :p
Thu 08/04/10 at 09:42
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
My last car was modified before I got it, does that count? It had been lowered, bigger wheels, twin exhaust, air filter, the lot :) As much fun as it was it was failing apart (the bloke before me had a massive sub in the back which had shaken the bodywork something chronic).

As my current car is literally brand new I'm not going to modify it! (Aside from the extras I got when I bought it).

I personally don't see the problem in people modifying their cars if they want, although there does need to be a limit. For example, I sit next to a window in the office here and can guarantee that everyday the same Volvo estate, with blacked out windows, large wheels, that has been lowered and with a large 'poppy' exhaust will drive past the window... A Volvo Estate
Thu 08/04/10 at 09:05
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Sent you a link on fb i think youll like. They prob also give some great advice about cars if you need it. I know the guy thats part of Gloynboyz.
Thu 08/04/10 at 08:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Car modifications... it seems everyone is doing it these days. Walking down the street and you see a couple of chav-mobiles racing down with their oversized spoilers and black alloys. Old men with their Jaguar badges one week, followed by the little Jaguar iron cast replacing it the next.

The only thing I've ever done to my car is changed the windscreen wipers (the frost got to my last set) and bought a new air freshener - hardly modifying, but I view my car as a means to travel and that is it.

Does anyone here have modifications for their cars? If so, what have you done? Do you spend lots of money doing them up? When and where do you stop?

If the car is a joke to start with, such as a vivid green '94 Subaru Justy (that keeps breaking down), is it worth modifying? (Sorry I had to ask this, because someone who annoys me a great deal insists he can make it cool, but with every modification it seems to be looking a lot dodgier...)

Another interesting point is car insurance. Modify the car away from stock and the premiums jump through the roof. I know many, including the person above, does not declare the modifications to his insurance provider. Stupid - as I know that if he needs to make a claim, they'll refuse to pay out due to him withloding information about the car.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.