GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo Soccer - v - Fifa 2002"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/09/01 at 16:28
Regular
Both Fifa and ISS games are considered the heavy weights of the football games on Playstation, however, sadly for me it seems that previous Fifa games seem still to top the charts with there flashy looks, real player names and arcade style play where as the ISS games always went for the superb realistic play over visuals. However ISS Pro Evo 2 came along and with many more people knowing about it, the game topped the charts, until yet another update of the fifa series came out. Now though the two heavy weights are prepairing for a fight as the two soon to be coming to PS2 in the form of Pro Evolution Soccer and Fifa 2002, this is how they look at first impressions:

Pro Evolution Soccer:
For the PS2 version the ISS has been dropped, but remember this is the ISS you want. First impressions about the graphics are good, they look so smooth and are built up with loads of detail. The stadiums look stunning as do the players, there are some really good life like ones such as beckham and Seaman. All the players and team names should all be correct this time if that bothered you, there has also been some talk of the pitch being a little bigger enabling some good build up play and more ways of scoring. The AI has also been improved making the game even more realistic than ever before. The game looks great, just hope they sort out the commentary.

Fifa 2002:
The Graphics from 2001 on PS2 looked amazing and 2002 does aswell, better in some cases. To try and top the charts once again, relising that the might Pro Evo is coming out, this Fifa will play like no other before it. More accuracy is now needed to pass the ball, short and long meaning pin point passed will no longer be as easy as sayint the alphabet, the player now has to control the angle of the ball and make sure the power is correct for a good shot or pass. The AI is suppose to have been improved also making the game more realistic therefor moving away from the arcade style. It is possible to press a button to see where your players are running to so you can plan your method of attack. Hopefully too the improvments are vast compared to the arcade 2001, which was still enjoyable, just not ad much as ISS Pro Evo 2.

With both games trying to top the charts, there should be masses of improvments over the precious games. The question is though, which are you going to spend your hard earned money on. With Fifa you are certain to get slick visuals and all the latest stats, but will the gameplay match. With Pro Evo you get the best gameplay there is on any console, which is why im getting it, although i will end up getting both probally.
Page:
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:49
EA is one of the biggest... maybe even the biggest...

They're taking over the world...
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:48
plus pro evo has actually got hype around it now alerting it to the gamer so they'll probably pick that one well hopefully they'll pick that one
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:45
Regular
"You Bum!!"
The thing here is, that people bought all the rubbish FIFAs on all the consoles and it always outsold ISS, but now that the game is improved, even more people will buy it. There is nothing to stop them now....
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:44
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Look at it this way, Pro Evo will be the best Football game ever made, and Fifa 2002 will not come close. They will only be able to be compared on genre and graphics.

So if you get Pro Evo, you have the best football game, if it does not beat Fifa in the charts just think how lucky you are to not be one of the fools who picked arcade over realism. :D
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:40
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
> yea i know that but if it's out for a month and a half before the xmas chart
> then alot of people will already have it and not buy it as much that week
> whereas a game that has been released say on december 1st will have a better
> chance of getting to number 1 if you get my logic

Yeah I get it.

I am the Tarrant wrote:
> FIFA needs to come out before Pro Evo to have a chance this year!!!!!!

Thats true too.
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:34
FIFA needs to come out before Pro Evo to have a chance this year!!!!!!
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:31
yea i know that but if it's out for a month and a half before the xmas chart then alot of people will already have it and not buy it as much that week whereas a game that has been released say on december 1st will have a better chance of getting to number 1 if you get my logic
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:28
Naahh, hope not.

Why should it have to, Fifa always sells well, so it should have a good chance at the number 1 spot at xmas.
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:06
i'm having a sneaky suspicion it may get put back so it can actually get xmas number 1. i think it'd be out too long for it too reach number 1 otherwise
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:04
Fifa 2002 is out on the 9th November, I thought that was a bit early!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.