GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart64 Review"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/09/01 at 12:57
Regular
This review is too long ,i am going to shorten it later.

Mario Kart64:INTRODUCTION

I dont know about you,but i like a nice game.Ive had,Mario Tennis,Zelda,Banjo-kazooie, and this holiday,i chose Mario Kart.

There are only really a few games you can say you dont have to blow the dust off every time you want to play it,and this game has to be one of them.This is one games that i must play every day without fail.
The N64 has really demonstrated there power,and just to proove the lastabillity of some of there games,This has been out since the dawn of N64 time,and people still play it non-stop.

I got the game in good condition,the nintendo pakeging is excellent every time.
From peach to pirahana plants,this game has got it all,full of testing bends and hilarious features,This game is a complete riot! You can choose from many different settings,and later unlock more.

Mario Kart64:Review

"This game has produced other imatators to copy the game,But like a popular drink, Nothing is better than the real thing"
The game has made companies like rare etc. come up with Diddy kong racing,and south park rally etc. to try and match up to the game wonder,but they dont even come close.....

Charaters Garlore!

Everyone has their own favourite character and there are 8 to choose from,which vary in abilty from Peach to Bowser.Lets match em up,and see what they have to offer.:

MARIO:His name is on the box,and hes a perfect all-rounder,great for beginners.
Weight:3
Accel:3

LUIGI:Like his Brother,Luigi is a fantastic beginners choice,but also a good competitor.

PEACH:The princess moves onto the driving seat to try her hand at karting, and she is dead fast! But with speed you must pay in steering/handling.For experts only.
Weight:1
Accel:5

TOAD:Like Peach,Old mushroom head is fast and again only for the experienced.

YOSHI:Marios pet is fast,and a bit of a lightweight,watch out for handling though!
Weight:2
Accel:4

WARIO:Marios Very fat rival is slow to start,but Wazza can bash other people around like his bowl when he gets sweetcorn instead of cabbage for dinner.
Weight:4
Accel:2

Donkey Kong:DK is again slow to begin with,but when he gets going hes away!Good at bashing people away aswell.

Bowser:Slower then a slug with heavy shopping,but carries the weight of a sumo wrestler.Watch out!
Weight:5
Accel:1

------------------------------------------------------
Weapons/Items
These are the key to attack,they will help you,no doubt,on your way to glory

BANANA SKIN:comes in 1 or a bunch,these can send enemies skidding off the track.
RED SHELLS:comes in 1 or 3,these are heaveily respected and lock on to the enemy.
GREEN SHELLS:These are 1 or 3,and are off target badly,so just use them as a handy defense.
SPIKY SHELL:Otherwise known as the first place bomb,this missile wont stop till its hit the person in 1st place,it may also hit others along the way,which is an added bonus
LIGHTNING:This turns your enemies tiny,and your free to crush them...hee...hee.
BOMB:The looks just like an item,but hit it and,,......KABOOM!
MUSHROOM:In 1,3 or infinite for a limited time,this is a mario version of the boost
STAR:This makes you invincible for a time,and your free to knock another flying.
BOO:Again its turns you invincible and invisible,and if another character has as item,boo will be happy to steal it from them and give it to you.

----------------------------------------------------
The cups are:
Mushroom cup>come on!
Flower cup>easy
Star cup>ok
Special cup>hard

The main problem is that the computer always catches up to you,even if you take a massive shortcut,otherwise known as CATCH-UP,just to make it more challenging

Multiplayer is amazing! With 4 you can battle and race in a complete riot!
MARIO GP:This is a game where you play against 7 other charaters,can also be played with 2 players
BATTLE:Up to 4 players can play this!You choose from 4 courses and the idea is to,frankly,blow up the enemy.Not a 1 player thing
TIME TRIAL:1 player only.It does what it says.
VS:The VS is for 2-4 players.Its just The people playing,no computers,on any course you want.
-------Help-------------------
Cost:£29.99
Type:RACER
HINTS
TURBO START:press and hold A just before the 3 light signals.

Conclusion----------
To conclude,This game is a must have for me anyway.Although the one player is a tad easy,The multiplayer is the best around.For hours of non-stop fun,Choose Mario Kart64!Save for it now!
91%
What do you think?
Sat 15/09/01 at 12:57
This review is too long ,i am going to shorten it later.

Mario Kart64:INTRODUCTION

I dont know about you,but i like a nice game.Ive had,Mario Tennis,Zelda,Banjo-kazooie, and this holiday,i chose Mario Kart.

There are only really a few games you can say you dont have to blow the dust off every time you want to play it,and this game has to be one of them.This is one games that i must play every day without fail.
The N64 has really demonstrated there power,and just to proove the lastabillity of some of there games,This has been out since the dawn of N64 time,and people still play it non-stop.

I got the game in good condition,the nintendo pakeging is excellent every time.
From peach to pirahana plants,this game has got it all,full of testing bends and hilarious features,This game is a complete riot! You can choose from many different settings,and later unlock more.

Mario Kart64:Review

"This game has produced other imatators to copy the game,But like a popular drink, Nothing is better than the real thing"
The game has made companies like rare etc. come up with Diddy kong racing,and south park rally etc. to try and match up to the game wonder,but they dont even come close.....

Charaters Garlore!

Everyone has their own favourite character and there are 8 to choose from,which vary in abilty from Peach to Bowser.Lets match em up,and see what they have to offer.:

MARIO:His name is on the box,and hes a perfect all-rounder,great for beginners.

LUIGI:Like his Brother,Luigi is a fantastic beginners choice,but also a good competitor.

PEACH:The princess moves onto the driving seat to try her hand at karting, and she is dead fast! But with speed you must pay in steering/handling.For experts only.

TOAD:Like Peach,Old mushroom head is fast and again only for the experienced.

YOSHI:Marios pet is fast,and a bit of a lightweight,watch out for handling though!
Weight:2
Accel:4

WARIO:Marios Very fat rival is slow to start,but Wazza can bash other people around like his bowl when he gets sweetcorn instead of cabbage for dinner.

Donkey Kong:DK is again slow to begin with,but when he gets going hes away!Good at bashing people away aswell.

Bowser:Slower then a slug with heavy shopping,but carries the weight of a sumo wrestler.Watch out!
Weight:5
Accel:1

------------------------------------------------------
Weapons/Items
These are the key to attack,they will help you,no doubt,on your way to glory

BANANA SKIN:comes in 1 or a bunch,these can send enemies skidding off the track.
RED SHELLS:comes in 1 or 3,these are heaveily respected and lock on to the enemy.
GREEN SHELLS:These are 1 or 3,and are off target badly,so just use them as a handy defense.
SPIKY SHELL:Otherwise known as the first place bomb,this missile wont stop till its hit the person in 1st place,it may also hit others along the way,which is an added bonus
LIGHTNING:This turns your enemies tiny,and your free to crush them...hee...hee.
BOMB:The looks just like an item,but hit it and,,......KABOOM!
MUSHROOM:In 1,3 or infinite for a limited time,this is a mario version of the boost
STAR:This makes you invincible for a time,and your free to knock another flying.
BOO:Again its turns you invincible and invisible,and if another character has as item,boo will be happy to steal it from them and give it to you.

----------------------------------------------------
The cups are:
Mushroom cup>come on!
Flower cup>easy
Star cup>ok
Special cup>hard

The main problem is that the computer always catches up to you,even if you take a massive shortcut,otherwise known as CATCH-UP,just to make it more challenging

Multiplayer is amazing! With 4 you can battle and race in a complete riot!
MARIO GP:This is a game where you play against 7 other charaters,can also be played with 2 players
BATTLE:Up to 4 players can play this!You choose from 4 courses and the idea is to,frankly,blow up the enemy.Not a 1 player thing
TIME TRIAL:1 player only.It does what it says.
VS:The VS is for 2-4 players.Its just The people playing,no computers,on any course you want.
-------Help-------------------
Cost:£29.99
Type:RACER
HINTS
TURBO START:press and hold A just before the 3 light signals.

Conclusion----------
To conclude,This game is a must have for me anyway.Although the one player is a tad easy,The multiplayer is the best around.For hours of non-stop fun,Choose Mario Kart64!Save for it now!
91%
What do you think?
Sat 15/09/01 at 12:58
i only put it here because it was to long for ukreviews
Sat 15/09/01 at 16:18
Regular
i want to know where i can buy it from! nobody sells old N64 games now :(
Sun 16/09/01 at 12:56
joe poly you can get them off the internet on ebay or qxl for very cheap prices
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
I just played on Mario Kart 64 and it was still great!
Sun 16/09/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
DavidJ wrote:
> I just played on Mario Kart 64 and it was still great!

It's one of those games that never gets boring! A classic!
Sun 16/09/01 at 19:02
definately a classic
Tue 18/09/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Yup!
Tue 18/09/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
It would have been a lot better had it had a single player like Diddy Kong Racing. That's the only problem with Mario Kart 64. It was TOO dam easy! Whereas Diddy Kong had boss races, and time trials for all the tracks you had to beat to unlock secret characters. This just added a lot more to the single player mode, which was rather lame on Mario Kart.

Lets just hope that in Mario Gamcube there's some sort of adventure aspect a-la Diddy Kong Racing.
Wed 19/09/01 at 06:26
i know i was a bit easy,but the multiplayer is a classic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.