GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak 2 or Ratchet and Clank 2- Who is the best platformer?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jak 2: renegade'.
Sat 04/10/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I personally am more of a fan of Jak and Daxter so I will more likely get the more excitig looking Jak 2 unless you people can say why Ratchet and Clank is more supreme
Mon 25/07/11 at 22:16
Regular
"Arguably Arguable"
Personnally i would go for J & D but thats just my oppinion its just because ratchet and clank you go through worlds theres no real sense of adventure unlike game slike jak 2 where if you punch(or shoot) a KG(krimson guard) then you have the whole city guards on to you which is fun because you get to fly around the city trying to escape from them while trying not to be blasted out of the sky but the thing is if you go to the hideout then wait a minute then the KG will be gone and you can go aaround again the thing also is when you receive the jetboard you can use it anywhere and it can be used to access secret precurser orbs but in ratchet and clank you can get some pretty awesome weapons but pretty hard to get the amount of bolts you need but in ratchet and clank 2 locked and loaded i have the RYNO 2 and the clank zapper and the zodiac and all ultimate weapons or whatever they are called so i would say the jak and daxter series is the superior of both of the games.
Fri 10/10/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Complete Banker"
J&D appeared to be more 'area' based, whereas R&C seems more linear, although not like platformers of old. I actually enjoyed both games a heck of a lot and will almost certainly get J&D (even though it's meant to be as hard as nails), but will wait for reviews of R&C before commiting myself.

I'm not one for commitment - ask the Girlfriend!

Has anyone seen anything more about Broken Sword 3 - never bought the first 2, but it looks ace!
Fri 10/10/03 at 13:42
Regular
Ah, oops! I thought they were both out soon, but I guess I'm wrong. In that case, Ratchet 2 might still manage to pull something off. However, I feel the Naughty Dog guys just keep the controls so tight that they are going to be hard to beat. Going back to both of the originals, I prefer the Jak and Daxter controls by far, and really dislike the floaty feel of Ratchet as that just isn't how you want to walk in a platform game.

With a successful series like Crash Bandicoot behind them, Naughty Dog have proved that they can almost always come out with a decent platformer, but Insomniac have had less success. I never felt Spyro ever quite got to the same level, and was Rascal another of their games? If so, the same applied, floaty airy controls.
Fri 10/10/03 at 09:09
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Ratchet & Clank 2 isn't out to next year - or am I wrong.

The best solution - buy both, you won't be disappointed.
Fri 10/10/03 at 08:58
Regular
I totally agree with FFF here when he says that the best way to find out is to wait and try them properly, but going on first impressions I would say that Jak II might just come out on top. Last time round, Jak was already fairly old when Ratchet arrived, meaning that Ratchet and Clank seemed to come out on top, but this time, arriving together has meant the Jak team, Naughty Dog, have had more time than Insomniac to prepare for the sequel. They seem to be trying newer and bigger things as well which I think could give them those extra few percent in the review score.

It'll be fun to see though!
Sat 04/10/03 at 19:53
"period drama"
It's a bit hard to tell before the games are actually released. Playing them usually forms a better opinion, I find.

Anywho - both will be most excellent. It seems Jak is veering off the traditional platformer path whilst R&C are doing more of the same, both of which are nice prospects.

I bought both of the originals, and I can see nothing stopping me buying both of the sequels either.
Sat 04/10/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Green & White Army"
I personally am more of a fan of Jak and Daxter so I will more likely get the more excitig looking Jak 2 unless you people can say why Ratchet and Clank is more supreme

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.