GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Mario Kart Super Circuit yesterday..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/09/01 at 09:42
Regular
...and it is without a doubt the best GBA game yet! from the moment you turn on your GBA your presented with a fantastic title screen with graphics that almost match, yes ALMOST MATCH the N64 version, followed by the main menu which has some pretty good BGM to listen to while your selecting your options.
Now on to the actual game itself, the main menu consists of three 1P modes for you to get your teeth into, the first of which is "Mario GP" which as youv'e probably guessed is the same as the N64 version, when you select it you are presented with the three settings "50cc, 100cc and 150cc" these are the easy to hard settings and depending on which you choose will affect how hard or easy the game is.
Once youv'e selected your difficulty you then get to (yuo guessed it!) select your favourite Nintendo character from the selection available, the selection is the same as the on the N64 version, and the character attributes are more or less the same, in case you don't know what characters were in the previous N64 incarnation here's a list and their attributes...
Mario:- speed=3 weight=3, easily the most well balanced all rounder.
Luigi:- speed=3 weight=3, the same as his slightly tubbier brother but slightly less well balanced for some reason.
Yoshi:- speed=5 weight=2, definatley the fastest of the selection but is easily pushed around by the heavier characters.
Peach:- speed=5 weight=1, almost as fast as yoshi but so skinny that she gets pushed around more so.
Toad:- speed=5 weight=1, same attributes as peach but with a slightly more annoying voice.
Bowser:- speed=1 weight=5, The slowest of them all! but that's not to say useless as bowser is the heaviest and can push almost any character off the course.
Wario:- speed=2 weight=4, quite slow, not as heavy as bowser but he still packs a punch and a wicked laugth, mwahaha!
DK:- speed=2 weight=4, atributes similar to Wario but is slightly easier to manouver, plus DK rocks anyway.
Right, thats the characters, now onto the tracks, to start off with there are 4 cups, the MUSHROOM cup, which consists of Pech circuit, Shy guy beach, Riverside park and Bowser castle 1, this cup is a gentle introduction to some of the more basic tracks that the game has to offer.
The FLOWER cup, this is made up of Mario circuit, Boo lake, Cheese land and bowser castle 2, while these tracks have a similar level of play to the tracks in the Mushroom cup they introduce you to some more trickier obsticals then before.
The THUNDER cup, The tracks are Luigi circuit, Sky garden, Cheep cheep island and sunset wilds, this is where the difficulty level steps up a bit by introducing even more tricks and hazards to the mix, this is a more chalenging set of courses.
Finally we have the STAR cup, which comprises of Snow land, Ribbon Road, Yoshi Desert and bowser castle 3, definatley a challenging set of courses that will test your Karting skills to the limits, you should see it through to the end as long as you use all the skills that you have learned so far.
Okay, so there is one more cup that you can unlock by doing reasonably well in the other courses, and it goes by the name of the Special cup, this cup incorperates the tracks Lakeside park, Broken pier, Bowser castle 4 and Rainbow road, this set of the most testing tracks is for the experienced Karter, if youv'e successfully completed the other courses then just try that extra bit harder if you wan't to succed, if you don't, try, try and try again!
Phew! thats the main mode down to a "T", now for the other two modes, Time trial, this is where you compete on any of the tracks that you've unlocked so far and try to beat your best times or race your own ghost! this is as fun as it ever was in the N64 version if not better! you'll have loads more fun where this options concerned!
Quick run, this is for if you wan't to play on a particular track but don't wan't to play a full grand prix in order to play it, and it's great for if you even just wan't to mess around, and it has all the features of the main Grand Prix option except you can set the number of tracks to either 3 or 5 and you can turn the items and coins off if you wish, not bad at all!
That's all the 1P options, as for the multiplayer, i have'nt actualy played it yet so i cannot comment on it, but i have a 4-way link cable curtosey of EB and i know a couple of friends who have a GBA so rest assured once i play it i will add the multiplayer to this review, but for the time being i'm sure it plays just as good as the 1P (hopefully) if not better! however this is where i come to the end of my review for now so thanks for reading!
*slik turns on GBA and plays on Mario Kart.
slik ~_~
Mon 15/10/01 at 20:00
Regular
Thanks Spirati I'll give it a try
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:34
Regular
"DS..."
it's just such a big game, and i have so little time to play in in! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*pauses to take a breath* ..00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000*chokes, cougths, splutters, vomits, and still survives to carry on..000000000000000000000000.
slik ~_~
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:30
Regular
"DS..."
it's just such a big game.
slik ~_~
Mon 08/10/01 at 19:19
Try going onto the cc where you thought you had the tracks and press L or R on the race select secreen. Note that you have to do all the tracks in that cc first before you can try to get the extra tracks. Hope that helps.
Mon 08/10/01 at 18:58
Regular
I've tried that before but it's never worked. I may ahve them but not realise, do you have to do anything to get to where they are or are they in the normal select cup screen?
Mon 08/10/01 at 18:48
Yes you get new title screens for various things, but complete the special cups in the various cc's to see them OK?
To get the SNES tracks you need to get 100 coins in the four tracks you race on in GP mode. You can finish anywhere, just get the 100 coins and you will get the tracks. That is offical, it worked for me. Try it!
Mon 08/10/01 at 18:10
Regular
slik wrote:
> anyone completed mario kart yet?
slik ~_~

NO! How do you get the SNES tracks though? I'vge heard loads of different ways!

Spiriatii has completed it with *** on every cup! He says that you get a new title screen.
Mon 08/10/01 at 14:20
Regular
"DS..."
anyone completed mario kart yet?
slik ~_~
Tue 02/10/01 at 15:12
Regular
"DS..."
lol,lol
slik ~_~
Tue 02/10/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
GOOD GOOD

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.