GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cipro, if you are there......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/10/03 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seeing as you seem to know lots about the games and stuff. Guess what this is about.

Yup, Breed. AGAIN! Still, I got the demo working on my lovely new behemoth, and I see what you mean. Its good in places, diabolical in others. Pathfinding anyone?!!! AR!

You seen any reviews/reports on upgrades since the demo? This applies to anybody, but Cipro seems to be pretty 'with it' (that phrase demeans us all, but my brains tired).

I hope to god they've made it better, because it looks lovely.
Mon 06/10/03 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Seeing as you seem to know lots about the games and stuff. Guess what this is about.

Yup, Breed. AGAIN! Still, I got the demo working on my lovely new behemoth, and I see what you mean. Its good in places, diabolical in others. Pathfinding anyone?!!! AR!

You seen any reviews/reports on upgrades since the demo? This applies to anybody, but Cipro seems to be pretty 'with it' (that phrase demeans us all, but my brains tired).

I hope to god they've made it better, because it looks lovely.
Tue 07/10/03 at 10:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well the latest I heard was that Breed was going to be delayed until a later date, in the meantime there are going to be two more, brand new demo's that are going to be released though I'm not sure exactly when. These will be a single player and multiplayer demo.

I really do hope that the developers have at least listened to the criticism over the demo because I really think Breed could be a great game if all the problems are ironed out.

I tried the demo again a few days ago to testy my new 3D card and again it was spoilt by some majour problems. Hopefully these will be fixed in time for the next demo's and final release otherwise it'll be one game I think I'm going to miss.
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If they sort out the main problems (pathfinding, some decent enemies, and more tense close up shooting and of course recoil and 'chugger chugger' factor on the weedy ubergun ;)) I shall certainly look into it.

I'll try the next demo definitly, because it could and should be outstanding.
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Multiplayer could still save even at this stage, and it's certainly one aspect of the game I am/was looking forward to the most.

Still, if Breed does still manage to be a monumental screw up, there's always Soldner which is very much like Breed in concept except set in present time as apposed to the distant future.

It's certainly looking very good indeed, with allot of cool feature that are promised in the final release. Could end up being a disappointment like Breed, though that doesn't stop me from anticipating it as much.

Check out the link for more info: http://soldner.jowood.com/
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want a decent shooty game. Max Payne 2 for cert, but a big scale Breed typey too, and I dislike Halo muchly.

I saw Soldner in the last PC Gamer, and it looks damn fine.

I'll check it out, just Breed (single player mainly for me) was the one I was looking forwards to muchly.
Wed 08/10/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I was assigned the Breed preview code for PCGameworld.com recently, and found it to reasonably different, but still sporting all the faults you mention. Enemy AI in particular is rather shoddy and could do with a major overhaul.
Wed 08/10/03 at 14:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think this is the reason why CDV have put the release date back, to iron out all those damned bugs. In the meantime Cyclone, if your looking for an action game in the same vein as Breed, you could try Chrome.

Ignore the PCG %50 review, most people who've got the game are enjoying it, and I certainly enjoyed the demo more than the Breed one. It's not the greatest game in the world, but it has wide open environments, drivable vehicles and shooting action aplenty
Wed 08/10/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Ya, PCG are never too accurate with their scores. Take them with a pinch of salt.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've found them hard to trust PCGs reveiws these days, I've disagreed with a number of their reveiws lately. Chaser got %70, when it at least deserved %80, Black Hawk Down got around %90 I think, but no way was is that good and thay spent too much time hyping the rubbish A.I. which they lead me to beleive was fantastic.

Worst of all though was the vietcong reveiw, %70 and hardly any mention about the grounbreaking A.I. which beat anything currently on the market, even Black Hawk Down.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've read that review - I'll look around a bit more for other reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.