GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth buying......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Stay cool but burn!"
Ok ive got a PS2 and an Xbox but not a Gamecube, Is it worth me buying one?

Its got one or two good games i know that but does it have enough to keep me happy for a long time?

Also what would be the best ones to get?
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:26
Put it this way. If I had a PS2, I would own, maybe, 10-12 games.

If I had an XBOX, I would own maybe 3-5 (mainly because I have a PC, which is far superior for numbercrunchin/FPS games).

I have a GC, and just under 40 games, the only reason I don't have more is because of the ludicrous amount I've already spent getting the ones I have.In an ideal world, I'd have well over 50, after christmas, more than 55.

Gamecube is THAT good.

Am I worried that it isn't popular? No. Neither was Evil Dead when it first came out. It was still truly class though.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Stay cool but burn!"
Nova_Crusader wrote:
>
> Plus it looks the nicest out of the consoles i reckon

Trust me id doesnt look better than my Xbox, Its a dark blue with a Silver X.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:14
Regular
""To the pub...""
Yes get one i'm in the exact same position as you i have a PS2 and a xbox and even though i should be spending my money on getting a car and looks like a might have a girlfriend now woohoo.

I have preordered a new black cube on amazon for £74.99 thats cheap i can't wait to play all those original cool multiplayer nintendo games especially the rogue squadron games and mario kart.

Plus it looks the nicest out of the consoles i reckon plus means i can talk to all these nice nintendo forum people as well :P
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think he knows that, just saying that its one of his most anticipated games.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:14
Regular
Speed wrote:
> and along with Pro Evo
> 3 is my most awaited game

Erm, I'd hate to break the news, but that's a PS2 exclusive in the UK.
Wed 08/10/03 at 16:07
Regular
GC is a bargain at £79.99. Amazon are already selling a GC with Zelda for £94.99.
In the next couple months alone, the GC has probably got the strongest line up: Viewtiful Joe looks awesome and along with Pro Evo 3 is my most awaited game, F-Zero looks fast, Mario Kart is just Mario Kart then theres a 1080 avalanche, Star Wars Rebel Strike...
Thats not to mention the back catalogue on the GC!!
Wed 08/10/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
You'd be crazy not to own a Gamecube now really.
The price is very low, and there are some fantastic titles on the near horizon (Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Rebel Strike, 1080), the far horizon (Final Fantasy, MGS Twin Snakes, Resident Evil 4), and a load of classic games already available, many now going cheap.

People who don't own Gamecubes are fools, yes fools, and they risk missing out on some sweet gaming.
Wed 08/10/03 at 01:14
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

Why am I a tard?
---
Ok, you're not a 'tard.

Is that because I actually value all 3 consoles to one extent or another without making stupid comments about stuff I don't have a clue about?
---
No, it's because you picked on me and I got scared.

If you don't know about something then why the hell comment on it?
---
Because it's my right as a human being to have an opinion on something as irrelevant as a computer; regardless of how much knowledge I have of it.

Its just a completely bull sheet statement which you said without any prior knowledge of the Xbox or PS2.
---
I have got knowledge of these, just not as much as you it appears. I based my opinions on knowledge I DO know.

As for research, whats that about? I own all 3 consoles so where does the research part step in?
---
The research part came in when I said I couldn't be bothered (etc) doing research to find out about these games. Like I said earlier, I based my opinions on the things I do know. It's what we do you see.
Wed 08/10/03 at 01:01
Regular
Why am I a tard? I that because I actually value all 3 consoles to one extent or another without making stupid comments about stuff I don't have a clue about? If you don't know about something then why the hell comment on it? Its just a completely bull sheet statement which you said without any prior knowledge of the Xbox or PS2.

As for research, whats that about? I own all 3 consoles so where does the research part step in?
Wed 08/10/03 at 00:45
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

Oh how I laugh in your stupid face. You didn't even know what KOTOR was yet feel free to judge a console which you clearly know nothing about.
-----------------

Point being?

If I deemed it important enough (WHICH I DON'T) to do any research beforehand, I would have done.

So, back to the "research" part. You need to get a life, and stop doing so much "research", you "'tard".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.