GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLEASE HELP ME"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 17:17
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Can u play backup games ousing a disc such as dvd region x or action replay?

please help

cheers
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:43
Regular
here's a question - if you buy some software, install it, then sell it (assuming you can use it without the CD), are you breaking the law by keeping it on your PC?

software like :

a) windows
b) games
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:35
I see the research is coming along nicely FM.
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:28
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
if u want to "chip" your ps2 go to http://www.modchip-sbox.com/ps2sbox.html
and get a SBOX then u can copy blue disks with cd-rw and silver ones with dvd-rw but u need to install chip yourself and u need to buy action replay 2 version 2 and put it in before u play!
Thu 09/10/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
gamecollector wrote:
> flip top lid whats that??

Hmm I'll have a guess ..... something along the line of a lid which errr flips? Plus I bet you it fits nice and neat onto a PS2 :)
Wed 08/10/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Backups have been ruled as illegal full stop. So have playing import games, according to Mr. Justice Jacob in his ruling on the Sony Computer Entertainment vs Paul Owen (and others) on 23rd January 2002.

Basically, the ruling states that games are licensed by territory, so an NTSC game is only licensed for use in NTSC territories, PAL games are only licensed for use in PAL territories. This makes importing a game and playing it in another territory an infringement of copyright.

Part 2 of the ruling throws out the commonly used "everyone is entitled to a backup copy" phrase, when it comes to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM games, we're not. Scratch the disc or lose it in a fire or get it stolen, you have to fork out for a replacement.

Full ruling is here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ pipermail/ukcrypto/2002-May/019034.html
Wed 08/10/03 at 20:34
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
flip top lid whats that??
Wed 08/10/03 at 19:13
"period drama"
"Backup games"
Genius.

Anywho - no. You'll need a chip or a flip-top lid + boot disc.
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:34
Backup games, or illegal copies?
Wed 08/10/03 at 17:17
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Can u play backup games ousing a disc such as dvd region x or action replay?

please help

cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.