GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrestlemania 19 - BUY IT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 23:45
Regular
Everyone, do yourselves a favour. Go buy Wrestlemania 19. It's a mix between Raw and Smackdown and it works very well. It's the closest thing to No Mercy, to date IMO. The best way to describe W19 is "standard graphics, awesome gameplay".

Where to start ......

The create-a-wrestler is the most advanced character creation system seen in any game, any format, any everything. You can choose the colour, the logo's, where the logo's placed and the size of the logo's on you're clothes. Theres many more moves to choose from and plenty of room to use them. You can have upto 8 specials. On No Mercy, left and right covered the same move, however W19 left and right are each a different move. You can also have a move that chucks people off stuff. I have mine set to chokeslam them and chokeslamming people of the Hell in the Cell is very fun indeed. Creating an Intro is just amazing. You can choose the camera angles, the fireworks, the lighting and the way your wrestler acts.

Random points ......

- If you go upto someone with a weapon in your hand and press A it'll do a special move. You drop a chair then DDT them onto it. You strangle them with poles and you slam them onto the ladders. And with a table, you set it up, slam their head into the table and place them ontop which saves an awful lot of hastle.

- The revenge mode is rather fun. Eliminating people by chucking them from tops of construction sites is very amusing. Although it has to be said, the storyline is very dodgy to say the least.

- Tables explode for some reason, but looks good all the same.

- The speed is just right and the wrestlers often stay down making it realistic, unlike Smackdown.

- The AI is rather crappy as the characters get stuck alot. That's why theres this thing known as mate's.

- The shopzone is back. At last theres a reason to do the single player mode again.

Your comments and questions.....
Wed 08/10/03 at 23:45
Regular
Everyone, do yourselves a favour. Go buy Wrestlemania 19. It's a mix between Raw and Smackdown and it works very well. It's the closest thing to No Mercy, to date IMO. The best way to describe W19 is "standard graphics, awesome gameplay".

Where to start ......

The create-a-wrestler is the most advanced character creation system seen in any game, any format, any everything. You can choose the colour, the logo's, where the logo's placed and the size of the logo's on you're clothes. Theres many more moves to choose from and plenty of room to use them. You can have upto 8 specials. On No Mercy, left and right covered the same move, however W19 left and right are each a different move. You can also have a move that chucks people off stuff. I have mine set to chokeslam them and chokeslamming people of the Hell in the Cell is very fun indeed. Creating an Intro is just amazing. You can choose the camera angles, the fireworks, the lighting and the way your wrestler acts.

Random points ......

- If you go upto someone with a weapon in your hand and press A it'll do a special move. You drop a chair then DDT them onto it. You strangle them with poles and you slam them onto the ladders. And with a table, you set it up, slam their head into the table and place them ontop which saves an awful lot of hastle.

- The revenge mode is rather fun. Eliminating people by chucking them from tops of construction sites is very amusing. Although it has to be said, the storyline is very dodgy to say the least.

- Tables explode for some reason, but looks good all the same.

- The speed is just right and the wrestlers often stay down making it realistic, unlike Smackdown.

- The AI is rather crappy as the characters get stuck alot. That's why theres this thing known as mate's.

- The shopzone is back. At last theres a reason to do the single player mode again.

Your comments and questions.....
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:01
Regular
Is this the new one?

Sounding good, especially if you say the multiplayer is up to scratch.
I don't buy new games anymore though. Not got the money.
It should be cheap within 6 months! :-)
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:09
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> Is this the new one?
>

Yup. It was out last Friday.
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:16
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> - The speed is just right and the wrestlers often stay down making it
> realistic, unlike Smackdown.

Take it you haven't played the latest Smackdown games then? Smackdown 4 is perfect and hits the nail on the head with the speed factor. They also stay down and actually spread their lims out after a powerful finisher in SD4. The old ones indeed had a problem here however SD4 sorted this out.
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:16
Regular
One question about it though, can you perform any move through a table or just a small set of ballax moves?
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:26
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> One question about it though, can you perform any move through a table
> or just a small set of ballax moves?

From what I've seen so far you can pretty much do anything you want. Basically, the moves you would expect to put them through the tables, do put them through the tables. Like W18, you can also prop the table up in the turnbuckle and whip your oponent into it so he leans up against it and then charge into them anyway you like.

I have played SD4, but I think W19 just edges it.

And also one point I missed before is that when you put someone through the roof of the cell, you can put them through the hole again aswell as jump down through the hole into the ring. Oh, and the Ref follows you to the top. (But doesn't stay there long) Hehe.
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:27
Regular
Oh, and you can choose the way your wrestler gets to his feet. Mine sits up like Kane would.
Thu 09/10/03 at 00:40
Regular
It may just edge SD4 but when 5 is released later this year with all the extra stuff I can see it taking over my life for a bit :)
Thu 09/10/03 at 09:05
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmmmm. I will get this if I see more positive things said about it. I'm a bit wary though because I borrowed the original and it wasn't good. I know they re-made the game but still I think I should wait for more positive posts.

*Goes to have a look at some reviews of Wrestlemania 19*
Thu 09/10/03 at 09:09
Regular
"8==="
An Ironman match and blood?

I'm liking the sound of it already. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.