GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrestlemania 19 - BUY IT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 23:45
Regular
Everyone, do yourselves a favour. Go buy Wrestlemania 19. It's a mix between Raw and Smackdown and it works very well. It's the closest thing to No Mercy, to date IMO. The best way to describe W19 is "standard graphics, awesome gameplay".

Where to start ......

The create-a-wrestler is the most advanced character creation system seen in any game, any format, any everything. You can choose the colour, the logo's, where the logo's placed and the size of the logo's on you're clothes. Theres many more moves to choose from and plenty of room to use them. You can have upto 8 specials. On No Mercy, left and right covered the same move, however W19 left and right are each a different move. You can also have a move that chucks people off stuff. I have mine set to chokeslam them and chokeslamming people of the Hell in the Cell is very fun indeed. Creating an Intro is just amazing. You can choose the camera angles, the fireworks, the lighting and the way your wrestler acts.

Random points ......

- If you go upto someone with a weapon in your hand and press A it'll do a special move. You drop a chair then DDT them onto it. You strangle them with poles and you slam them onto the ladders. And with a table, you set it up, slam their head into the table and place them ontop which saves an awful lot of hastle.

- The revenge mode is rather fun. Eliminating people by chucking them from tops of construction sites is very amusing. Although it has to be said, the storyline is very dodgy to say the least.

- Tables explode for some reason, but looks good all the same.

- The speed is just right and the wrestlers often stay down making it realistic, unlike Smackdown.

- The AI is rather crappy as the characters get stuck alot. That's why theres this thing known as mate's.

- The shopzone is back. At last theres a reason to do the single player mode again.

Your comments and questions.....
Thu 09/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
I don't like the sweaty man-love side of Wrestling. But when done right, Wrestling games are really good fun.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:49
Regular
"8==="
I've played RAW 2 for about 14 hours over the past two days.

A beat'em up, even SSBM, becomes boring after about half an hour.

Same with football games though.

There's only so much variation you can get out of those sort of games.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:47
Regular
Oh and the phrase "RANDOM BUTTON BASHING" comes to mind.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:46
Regular
No, I was just going to say that if you like them, why don't you like wrestling games. They offer much more in depth gameplay. I get seriously bored of one on one matches with no real objective other than to kick shitt into every one.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:45
Regular
"8==="
I prefer the strategy of the recent wrestling games to the memory intensive beat'em ups.

Learning combos is not fun.

Look I remembered more moves than you so I win! *Sarcastic wOOt*
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:38
If you say that Soul Calibur 2 peaked with Street Fighter 2 I will laugh in your face
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:33
Regular
lnsane Bartender wrote:
> People still buy these crappy wrestling games?
Do you play the likes of DOA, Tekken, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat?
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:31
People still buy these crappy wrestling games?

Wrestling games peaked with the original WWF Wrestling on the NES.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:31
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Strange idea for a story mode though. :S

Yeah, but if it was multiplayer it be all the better.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:27
Regular
"8==="
I like RAW 2's season mode. I've just spent two nights in a row playing it overnight and I've only had it since tueday!

I think I will be getting Wrestlemania 19 very soon though, as it does sound nearer to No Mercy and it has plenty of matches types in multiplayer.

Strange idea for a story mode though. :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.