GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The FOG is gonna be a load of pointless console wars..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 22:04
Regular
When x-box and gamecube come out, people will choose a fav and from then on argue it out over the net, with fans of other console for the next few years untill another console comes out that they prefer.

It started with nintendo and sega, then sony joined in, sega dropped out and in a little while good old microsoft will join in, And for the whole time a small number of PC games lovers were in the shadows.

I want to know why people bother, by argue for microsoft with a sony fan on the internet is not gonna make either console stop producing, all it is gonna do is make your head hurt.

everyone has a fav and you want to make it know but you don't have to be childish about it. Theres a phrase to go with what i said but i cant remember it, oh yeah turn the other cheak and stopping waisting your breathe on pointless arguements cause it int worth nout!
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:04
Regular
"Same as above^"
When x-box and gamecube come out, people will choose a fav and from then on argue it out over the net, with fans of other console for the next few years untill another console comes out that they prefer.

It started with nintendo and sega, then sony joined in, sega dropped out and in a little while good old microsoft will join in, And for the whole time a small number of PC games lovers were in the shadows.

I want to know why people bother, by argue for microsoft with a sony fan on the internet is not gonna make either console stop producing, all it is gonna do is make your head hurt.

everyone has a fav and you want to make it know but you don't have to be childish about it. Theres a phrase to go with what i said but i cant remember it, oh yeah turn the other cheak and stopping waisting your breathe on pointless arguements cause it int worth nout!
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:11
Regular
i see you havent seen the pointless pre release console wars based on screen shots and well thats about it
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:20
Regular
When the new consoles get released, I should think this place will be preety quiet anyway.
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:41
Regular
oh no it wont cos then people will be able to back up how good the console is
it will only get worse
Fri 14/09/01 at 08:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I agree.

Anyway, we don't have console wars, we have meaningful discussions regarding the merits of each gaming platform.
Fri 14/09/01 at 09:26
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Aye
Fri 14/09/01 at 09:34
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
NOOOO! (scottish accent)

We have to have console wars! Can you imagine how boring this place would be without the "Nintendo is for kids" and "Sony is just for sequels" and "MS is more than a small bungalow"?

We would all sit here, all getting along, all chatting about our favourite cheese or the merits of the word blah. Id rather not.

Much as I have respect for other consoles, the games, and people who own them, I defend my PS2 to the end. I will put up a fight to save the name of the machine I love for the sake of having a laugh.

I guess the light of recent events have put most people into serious mode at the moment, but some here have been saying that this place has been losing it's life. Please don't let that happen!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.