GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4 Playable Prologue version"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Annoyingly it seems you will only be able to buy this demo version with the new steering wheel which equals £114 from Japan

It is released in Japan early Dec 2003 to tide us over until full release, I don't expect us in the UK to get such a demo version and can't see OPS2M getting a playable demo on their coverdisk much before the full European release.

"The GT4 Prologue Set includes a playable GT4 preview version that should help you to reduce the waiting time for the game as well as Logitech's new GT Force PRO steering wheel. GT4 Prologue Version will come with 3 game modes: Free Run, Licence Tests and Time Attack mode with not yet confirmed number and type of cars"

Prehaps the prologue will be available without the steering wheel nearer the time (here hoping)
Sun 12/10/03 at 23:50
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
good idea but I'm sure the demo will be Jap only, so try taking a voucher for x amount of Yen into your local Game store .....

Will OPS2M get the demo just after Xmas anyway ??????
Sun 12/10/03 at 20:15
Regular
"I'm Great."
Let me think about this. I can spend £20 on a demo of a game and then buy the full version for twice the price in a few months time, or, I can not buy it and put that £20 towards GT4 if that is the game I wish to purchase. If they are going to charge that much for just a demo then I think they should have a money off voucher with it for when GT4 does come out. Maybe about £15 off would be fair seeing as they made £5 from just the demo.
Sun 12/10/03 at 17:45
Just a bit...
Sun 12/10/03 at 08:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Update, the Prologue (demo) will be avavilable on it's own ...

Sony has confirmed the availability of a seperate Gran Turismo 4 Prologue version as well. The game only is priced at US$ 34.90 and a release for both items is anticipated on December 4th. Don't miss this chance, it's certainly a great deal.

£20+ for a demo, bit pricey eh !
Fri 10/10/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Annoyingly it seems you will only be able to buy this demo version with the new steering wheel which equals £114 from Japan

It is released in Japan early Dec 2003 to tide us over until full release, I don't expect us in the UK to get such a demo version and can't see OPS2M getting a playable demo on their coverdisk much before the full European release.

"The GT4 Prologue Set includes a playable GT4 preview version that should help you to reduce the waiting time for the game as well as Logitech's new GT Force PRO steering wheel. GT4 Prologue Version will come with 3 game modes: Free Run, Licence Tests and Time Attack mode with not yet confirmed number and type of cars"

Prehaps the prologue will be available without the steering wheel nearer the time (here hoping)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.