GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSB:M"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 21:13
Regular
Have you seen the artwork for the box of this? If not then you really should check out cube.ign.com They've used an in game picture for the cover, so that just shows how awesome the GC's graphics are gonna be!

I really can't wait for this to come through my letter box!
Fri 14/09/01 at 11:01
"I hate that!!!"
three minuite silence anytime soon
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:59
"I hate that!!!"
it wil it will.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:59
Regular
Super smash brothers could have been so much better. I was dissapointed by it. Dont get me wrong, it still is a good game, but i had really high expecttations of it.

Hopefully The gamecube version will live up to expectations.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:52
Regular
I spent loads of time playing smash brothers, I mastered Captain Falcon, but I still didn't think it was that good, the only way the multiplayer would have been good is if your where fighting against people who have already played the game a lot and know the chracters. Seeing as my mates hadn't the multiplayer sucked.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I really hated that glove, it would have been better, if you could play as it if you completed the game on ultra hard level with 5 lives or something.
It's reasonably easy to beat the glove with most characters, if they don't have powerful moves they're fast so they can dodge and punch, dodge and punch + why didn't the first one have any female charachters? I would have Princess Peach would've been in it, I can't imagine her being very useful though.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:32
Regular
The glove was great the first time, but I too would like something different this time.

Smash Brothers 64 tip:

To beat the glove really easily, use Samus.
The up+A Smash Attack (the flames) do real heavy damage!
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:26
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Just thought of an idea, seeing as I don't know, maybe they will set it up so you fight your arch enemie on the end battle, e.g. if you start as star Fox you'll fight star wolf and so on.
I think this could work.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Does anyone know if the Final boss in SSB:M is a glove? I couldn't handle that again.
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:13
Regular
I'd say that Smash Brothers on the N64 is the joint best multiplayer game on the N64.

(Yes, it is as good as Perfect Dark)

Many people didn't like it because it's a new style of game that hasn't been done before.

It's the only beat em up I know to have a masterful 4 player.

Some people say it's a button basher.
They clearly didn't play long enough to master the controls.
Fri 14/09/01 at 09:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I doubt i'll get SSB: Meléé now... I'm getting EG3, SFA and Super Monkey Ball to begin with, If I get a fighter at all I wait for SC2. Melee is too wierd.

Damn Nintendo releasing lots of good games... how rich do those people think we are!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.