GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recording Miovie clips from GTA3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Sat 11/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"..."
Anyone know how to record in game footage as a movie file?
Thanks.
Sun 12/10/03 at 22:40
Regular
"..."
gamezfreak wrote:
> Sorry Darkus - I thought you was talking about the PC version of GTA3
> - not the PS2 version.

I am talkin about the PC version!
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think you may be able to use the program 'Capture', but since it's illegal I certainly wouldn't.
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think he is talking about the PC version, but I'd have thought there wasn't a lot of difference to capturing movies from your PS2 game played on your monitor to capturing movies from your PC game played on your monitor, except for a lead or two.
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:19
Regular
Sorry Darkus - I thought you was talking about the PC version of GTA3 - not the PS2 version.

*bows head in shame*
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:26
Regular
Got an answer from Peppertunes from [OAP]Clan who made the Duckshoot video:

"I did the duck shoot one, but I ain't happy with it cause it's a bit grainy (one of the pins on me lead turned out to be bust).

Anyhow, the basics are that you need a tv capture/tuner card. I use a fairly cheap Hauppage winTv-USB beastie. You then use some capture software such as Windows Media Encoder (free) or the software that comes with your device. I broadcast the duckshoot live and recorded it to VHS at the same time (ps2->video->pc). I also have an adapter from my ps2 that let's you connect up to 3 tvs to it (i.e. same image on each telly), but you don't really need that.

After the duck shoot I re-captured the footage recorded on the video at a better bitrate and edited it using windows movie maker (basic, but got the job done) then saved it at a suitable bitrate for the web.

Easy.

I used an s-video lead to do all the capturing but like I said 1 of the pins was knackered, d'oh! If you use your PS2 as a dvd player (using the sony dvd player) the best lead you can use is an s-vhs one. RGB causes the... green screen nonsense and I'm too lazy to keep switching leads."

- Peppertunes - [OAP] Clan

Reproduced from www.oldageplaystationers.com forums.
Sat 11/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
www.multidmedia.com/software/flashcast

demo.netplay.com.au

www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp

All are trial versions i'm afraid. But I think they'll do the job :)
Sat 11/10/03 at 11:14
Regular
There are certain programs on the internet that record on-screen activity. Lemme just go find you one.
Sat 11/10/03 at 11:01
Regular
I asked the guys that made this:

http://www.jagle.co.uk/duckshoot.html

if they wouldn't mind creating a 101 topic on another forum. If they reply I'll paste the answer for you.
Sat 11/10/03 at 09:36
Regular
"..."
Anyone know how to record in game footage as a movie file?
Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.