GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo's Delaying Problem!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 16:34
Regular
Has anyone heard ( apart from me ) that Nintendo have done it again? They have delayed the Gamecube. Due to be out in Japan tommorow from this original post and now they have goe and delayed the release in America and UK.

The US release has been moved from 8th November to 29th November. That will make the Americans unhappy as they are ussually restless ( just like many of us ) in waiting for consoles and blockbuster games. Bear in mind though this may have been done because of the recent tragedy in America but Ninty say it is because they want to add another 7,000 consoles to the US shops on the release. Already having millions ready this is a pointless move.

God knows where that puts the UK release. We have been known to get a console delayed even longer if it happens anywhere else in the world and also Ninty will put the console further back anyway to keep the releases spaced out.

Then only positive side of this is that it may prove to be usefull in getting more time for top qaulity games to come out over here. eg. SSX Tricky, FIFA 2002 and many more good games.

The worst thing about this issue is that it will give X-Box a headstart as it will be released on the 11th November and will cost Nintendo a bit of space on the games shelves and a bit of money.

This isn't the first time this has happened. The N64 was delayed for quite some time as re-adjustments were made to it. That angered gamers all over the world. But this time all does look OK for the Japanese as they recieve their Gamecubes tommorow from this post.

Thanks 4 readin and reply if you want to,
Afro
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:04
Some people have been saying that the Xbox isnt designed to be a mojor success, its just Microsofts foot in the door into the games market of the Future (2010) or something.

By then streaming media, and broadband gaming will be commonplace and will be worth as load a money. Microsoft want it, those greedy people.
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:04
why dont things we actually want come out earlier
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:00
Regular
Yeah i heard that, this has happened with a lot of Nintendo's releases. But the GBA came out a lot earlier than I thought.
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:58
AfroJoe wrote:
> it would be good if Microsoft delayed the US launch for nintendo but
> that is unlikely to happen now so close to it.

i thought we were
> the secondary launch for the X-Box as we are english speaknig like
> America or do they just leave us out as well as the Japanese.

i think us and japs are together, and us brits are last. the us and japs have more population and will sell more consoles so thats more important to them
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:57
Regular
Basically it works like this.

Nintendo and Sony:
Japan, USA, UK

Microsoft:
USA, Japan, UK

We come last.
Both prioritise markets in these orders.

The Xbox will ship in America before the Gamecube.
But the Japanese won't get the Xbox until we get the gamecube.

The Xbox should arrive here a couple of months later.

Basically, both companies have decided to take advantage in their own country.
Nintendo wanted the Gamecube out on time in Japan, so they delayed the US launch, not caring if Microsoft get a couple of weeks ahead.

Microsoft made sure their US launch was on time, but the Xbox won't reach Japan until half a year after the Gamecube.

In Japan, I think that Xbox has already lost...
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
that could be a holiday weekend in August next year for all we know. not very wise not to say when nintendo.
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:54
The delay is dissapointing but apparently according to Nintendo the machine will be available before a vital American holiday weekend (Not sure which one though)
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
it would be good if Microsoft delayed the US launch for nintendo but that is unlikely to happen now so close to it.

i thought we were the secondary launch for the X-Box as we are english speaknig like America or do they just leave us out as well as the Japanese.
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:46
not very dissapointed because i dont know anything about the release dates anyway but ninty sshould challenge themselves to keep their word
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:44
Regular
Every console gets delayed, and it's always the secondary markets that get the delay.

Nintendo delayed the US launch (it's secondary) and Microsoft delayed the Japanese one (it's own secondary launch)

Anyway, we're still set to get it on March 8th
Not THAT far away from the original February date.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.