GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Fever 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'NFL Fever 2004'.
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
All is well again on my purchasing of games. ;-)) This game is damn excellent ! I know a lot of people on here hate or have no interest in American football, but for anyone who does like it - buy this game !

Its definatly superior to the Madden series now in both looks and the way it plays. The only thing that stops it being a 10/10 game for me is the lack (as far as I see right now anyway) of stuff to unlock. Sports games tend to have good longevity anyway, especially with online play, but it would be nice if Fever had stuff to open up like the Madden series' Madden cards.

Even if you're new to American football games, this would be a great one to start with cause it has excellent tutorials and varied controls. Theres like 3 different control methods when it comes to throwing the ball. Read and Lead is a bit tough and not something I particularly like. I do like the Trigger method quite a lot though - selecting a receiver with a button and then using pressure on the right shoulder trigger to throw a lob shot or bullet shot. Excellent stuff !
The graphics are awesome too - the detail on the players is superb and you even get more vocal aid from the coach and stuff - not to mention the trash talk and stuff on the line as your players get ready to engage the opposition line. ;-)

Brilliant start for XSN Sports, long may the high quality continue ! :-)
Sun 12/10/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
Looking forward to Top Spin Tennis - Got a great review in X-Box World 9/10 I believe
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:14
Regular
I am a big fan of the Links golf series and I have had that on my list for a while. I will be picking up Amped 2 as well because the first one rocked muchly.
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:10
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I might get this when i get my Xbox.

I had Madden 2003 when i had my GC.
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Haven't played it on Live yet, will probably wait until I get a season done. :-)

There are some XSN titles in the trailer section and all of them are looking really good. :-)
NHL Rivals 2004, Links 2004, NBA Inside Drive 2004, Top Spin and Amped 2 - all of them look really good. Don't usually like golf games much, but Links 2004 has my attention. Might look into that one at some point.

Anyone got any XSN Sports titles they are looking to buy ? Could be interesting if there are a number of us buying 1 or 2 of the above titles - could make some good competition. Maybe we could even set up a little XSN tournament between us all if we all get into one of the games. :-)
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Assuming it supports XSN, obviously.
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Remember me?"
Played the demo of this a while back and wasn't really impressed by it. And it really has jack all to do with me not liking the sport. I don't like soccer, basketball or tennis, and I've played some absolutely brilliant games based on each. There just wasn't anything particularly great about Fever 2004.

And as far as XSN games go, ESPN NHL Hockey will be THE game to get! :D
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:24
Regular
I was tempted to get this for Xbox LIVE but am worried that there won't be anyone I know playing it. Want some games that my mates have and that some people on here have however I think you are the only one with this game.

Any good on LIVE?
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
All is well again on my purchasing of games. ;-)) This game is damn excellent ! I know a lot of people on here hate or have no interest in American football, but for anyone who does like it - buy this game !

Its definatly superior to the Madden series now in both looks and the way it plays. The only thing that stops it being a 10/10 game for me is the lack (as far as I see right now anyway) of stuff to unlock. Sports games tend to have good longevity anyway, especially with online play, but it would be nice if Fever had stuff to open up like the Madden series' Madden cards.

Even if you're new to American football games, this would be a great one to start with cause it has excellent tutorials and varied controls. Theres like 3 different control methods when it comes to throwing the ball. Read and Lead is a bit tough and not something I particularly like. I do like the Trigger method quite a lot though - selecting a receiver with a button and then using pressure on the right shoulder trigger to throw a lob shot or bullet shot. Excellent stuff !
The graphics are awesome too - the detail on the players is superb and you even get more vocal aid from the coach and stuff - not to mention the trash talk and stuff on the line as your players get ready to engage the opposition line. ;-)

Brilliant start for XSN Sports, long may the high quality continue ! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.