GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you want to help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 13:19
Regular
I'm not saying what anyone should or shouldn't do at all.
This link is for donations that will go towards survivors, buying medical aid, whatever is needed.
And it will go to the families of the dead, be they workers or the emergency teams that died trying to rescue people.

http://www.paypal.com

There is a link there.
Please, I am not telling you to donate anything, I am merely providing a link in case you do want to.

Thank you.
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:58
Regular
I wish i had money :(
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:38
I'm sorry man, where you close?? was it a friend??

I donated £200 today and my mum and dad donated £700
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Unfortunately yes I do.

But please let me stress I am not saying you should donate or do anything other than think about what has happened and to not be swept along in the blood-lust and anti-muslim sentiment that is sweeping America and here.

There has been a Muslim school closed in London because of threats of violence from people.
Little kids have been threatened, this is no different to the thinking that resulted in the deaths of thousands of people.

We should just remember that the who and why will follow later, right now there are hundreds of thousands of people that don't know where there loved ones/friends/colleagues are and wait for news.

Let the politics come after we have made sure the pain and suffering has eased.
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:16
Goatboy do you know someone who died??
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.nycrelieffund.com/

This is another site, not affiliated with Paypal.
These two links I have provided are non-profit organisations that are attempting to provide some relief financially in whatever way possible.

Again, nobody is saying you should or have to.
It is your own choice, whether you do or not does not reflect on your concern for those that died.
Thu 13/09/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I didn't put that link there to say "You must donate! If you do not, you are evil and do not care"

I just put it there because it is a way for people to donate if they want to, and if they can afford to.
Nobody should think any less of themselves if they don't, for whatever reason.

That's the only one I knew about so I put the link there.
And in case anyone is wondering, I have absolutely nothing to do with PayPal.

Please please don't feel that you are any less concerned or caring because you either can't or don't want to.
Nobody should be forced into donating money if they aren't 100% sure it's the thing they want to do.

I just felt like I had to do something, but that's my personal thing.
And for those that are donating, or doing anything at all, regardless of whether it's money or kind words to people, we can all be proud.

The way this forum and the people around this planet have come together has proved to me, despite the horror, that we are a decent race.
It doesn't matter if you donate money or not, you have done yourselves proud in respecting those that are no longer here, expressed your emotions on theses forums and everything else.

And for the messages you guys have sent to me, I can honestly say they have me in tears.
You guys dont know me really, don't have any need to be sympathetic at all.
But I thank each and every one of you for your words and thoughts, they mean more than you can ever, ever know.

Thank you.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:11
my dad said he is going to pay from £500 to £1000, and 'm paying £200.
Thu 13/09/01 at 18:01
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Damn, only Visa and Mastercard. If anyone knows of one where I can pay by Switch then I'm more than willing.
Thu 13/09/01 at 17:06
Regular
"I am your father"
As much as I would love to donate there is no possible way I actually can. I'm not old enough to have a credit card or a debit card and I can't see any other way of being able to pay for it. The only thing I can do is send my feelings to the families of the injured or murdered.
Thu 13/09/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I honestly would but I am skint.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.