GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2010"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2010'.
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Stay wayyyyy clear of this game, it's absolutely terrible. I accquired it, so thankfully I didn't pay for it. The problem lies with the fact that you can't see the match in progress properly. From the start, you'll instantly skip to like 15 minutes and miss everything that is going. Ludicrously laggy.
Wed 07/04/10 at 14:42
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'll look into it. Also, I'm currently playing as Liverpool. Match against Blackburn is infuriating! They keep winning about 5-0, even though I'm the better side! I don't mind losing, but when my side is doing so much better and they're not converting, it annoys me. Suppose that's what Rafa would say :P
Wed 07/04/10 at 10:14
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I was only joking, it just looked like the sort of thing that the famed Just Arrived poster would post as a "genuine GAD-contender" (albeit with a bit of formatting and correct spelling)

Yeah, sounds like you've got it on the highlights option. That's generally how it plays on default. There aren't many players (sweeping generalisation) who'd be dedicated enough to be watching the full 90 minutes. A lack of highlights for those minutes just generally show that not much is happening. Playing on highlights, i've had entire matches where there hasn't been a single highlight, literally Kick Off -> End of First Half -> Kick Off -> End of Match. If not much is happening it might be worth making a small tactical change to make yourself some more chances.
Wed 07/04/10 at 01:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think you can either watch the whole match or switch to a highlights option. You can also speed or slow the match down or pause it to make changes etc.
Wed 07/04/10 at 00:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
Haha sorry wasn't supposed to be a review :P Just a sort of small chat topic. I've carried on playing it. Maybe what I think is lagg is supposed to happen. When you play a match, do you watch the whole entire match? Or is it supposed to skip bits?
Tue 06/04/10 at 21:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I haven't put in that much time with FM2010 but I've never encountered what you've described there.
Tue 06/04/10 at 19:42
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
And here I was expecting better review posts from you, Chris ;)

I haven't really bothered with a FM game since 2009 (wow, back all that way to last season). I find Football Management games to be as good as how immersed and involved you can get into a season. with all FM games, CM4 -> FM08 I generally managed to make it into the 2020s (including a SI forums record for successive league games without a win with Havant & Waterlooville in FM08), but FM09, I found myself struggling to get into the 09/10 season. Partly due to outside stuff, the beginning of university etc., but also I found that I just stopped wanting to play.
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Stay wayyyyy clear of this game, it's absolutely terrible. I accquired it, so thankfully I didn't pay for it. The problem lies with the fact that you can't see the match in progress properly. From the start, you'll instantly skip to like 15 minutes and miss everything that is going. Ludicrously laggy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.